chapter 22

❝I don't know how this is happening, but #581 on fanfic, I can't, y'all. I'm SCREECHING AAAAH ✧ sending my warm tight hugs to everyone, so much love ♡❞

Curious and fazed looks darted my direction as a guy with light brown hair, sprinted towards me.

"Kyungmin-ah!" screeched the guy from the distance, and I could only notice his high cheekbones before I was pulled into a tight, bone breaking hug.

Air. Air. I can't breathe.

"Kyungmin-ah!" he exclaimed once again, pushing me away with his grip on my shoulders and I gasped for air, trying to catch my breath.

I almost died, what the hell? Who even is this—

"Hoseok-oppa?" I cried, shocked to see him here.

"I knew it was you. Kyungmin-ah, it's been so long!" He had enthusiasm wrapped over his whole existence as he shook me on the shoulders.

"It's nice to see you, too, oppa. But if it were not me, I swear you're going to get charged for harassment," I pointed out, trying to get away from his grip.

As much as I felt giddy to see him, my will to stay alive still overpowered.

"But I knew I wasn't wrong."

"Okay, okay," I conceded with a sharp breath as I held Hoseok on his arm. "But oppa, could you let go, I'm starting to get dizzy."

"Aw, look at this kid, still the same," jested Hoseok. He messed with my hair before pulling me into a hug again, protectively patting my head which now rested on his right shoulder blade. "Jimin told me you met him last time. Aigoo, I missed this troublesome child."

"I'm not so troublesome anymore, you know." Actually, this was more troublesome, if you'd ask me.

"Am I missing something here?"

My eyes shot up as soon as I heard Taehyung's voice, and I pushed Hoseok away instinctively. The two of them held the same expression with questioning looks directed at me, yet for different reasons.

Wow, why do I feel like I did something wrong?

Maybe pushing Hoseok away so suddenly was rude, but it wasn't what felt wrong. How weird.

"Taehyungie!" cheered Hoseok, bringing me back to reality.

The confusion on Taehyung's face had been replaced with an astonished look, and I just gave him a knowing smile in return.

"Hyung," he greeted back with a nod of acknowledgement. A bit awkward, perhaps? Or not. Well, Taehyung and Hoseok weren't the closest friends even before, but they did get along. More than Jimin, not to mention.

Hoseok took a step back so he was adjacent with me and Taehyung, then he smirked, eyes squinting.

"So are you two together now?" teased Hoseok. I assumed Jimin didn't tell him about it. The manner of Hoseok's question gave it away.

"We got married, hyung." Taehyung smiled at Hoseok for the first time, and I radiated the same curve on my lips.

Hoseok poked on my sides multiple times with both of his index fingers, as he said, "I always knew it you both would end up together!"