32 - "Caught"

Allele unlocked the door and walked inside followed by Cilia. The light blue skies shun through the curtains, indicating the seven o' clock morning sun beginning to rise. Cilia dropped the bags of money with a thud as the first thing she did was kick her shoes off and head toward her bedroom. She got in then closed the door shut with a soft thud behind her.

Allele too went to the back, but went into his room. He stopped in the doorway, his eyebrows furrowing when he realized the bed was fully made up, but clear of any Iris. He froze, listening to the silent apartment. He hadn't noticed how quiet it was when he walked in because he was trying to be quiet in order not to disturb her in the first place. He pulled out his phone and saw a text from her.

Iris- I called several times, you never answered. Don't be alarmed, I'm at Gail's house. She has a famous book author coming to her club at eight this morning and I'm here at the shop helping her set up. I left since six this morning. 6:43AM

Allele closed his phone and tossed it on the bed. She probably didn't know Cilia was out with him, because if she realized she wasn't home she would have asked. When Allele heard the shower come on he looked over his shoulder at the closed bathroom door. He smirked to himself because that's exactly what he needed as well. He took his shirt off and just sat on the edge of the bed, undoing the laces to his sneakers. His life was moving at such a fast pace it was ridiculous.

Events from only thirty minutes ago began to plague his mind. Breeze was one of the biggest coke suppliers in the city. Could he handle that heat? The man's brother was a cop, wouldn't it be easy for him to get them touched and make it look like an accident or something? "It's whatever." Allele said out loud. Cilia was involved in this and if he had to go against the world for her, she always had him.

Allele must have sat lost in his thoughts for close to twenty minutes. He put his face in his hands to just think, not knowing what to do with himself. The shower cut off and it was quiet in the bathroom for a couple seconds until Allele heard footsteps approaching. He looked up and he and Cilia made eye contact.

He watched the towel clutched to her small frame, her caramel brown hair in small curls against her face. Her eyelashes damp with water against her cheeks as water raced down her arms and legs. She quickly shied away from his gaze and hurried past him and into her room, locking the door. Allele grabbed his towel and change of clothes as he headed into the bathroom himself.

Cilia quickly dried her skin and towel dried her hair but left it just a little damp. She rubbed herself down in Cucumber lotion and put on her deodorant before grabbing a long freshly washed t-shirt and putting it on. It came down to her knees so she didn't need any underwear. Her stomach started to grumble making Cilia scold herself for brushing her teeth just now. Whatever she ate would probably taste minty and disgusting. So she said forget and to wait for a while.