30

"Sir, the R3 droid locked us in the evacuation hangar!" Captain Rex shouted through the static. He shot a glare at Ella, which she returned back immediately.

"I supposed that's my fault?" She snapped. If looks could kill, he'd have dropped dead.

"He was with you last," Anakin pointed out. He took a step away from her as they crept through the hallways of Skytop Station. R2 beeped happily at the negative news of his temporary replacement.

Ella rolled her eyes. "I was too busy fighting Grievous! R3 wasn't my replacement droid, that I lost!"

Anakin ignored her. "Rex, set off the explosives," he ordered.

Ella's eyes widened. He made her so angry sometimes. Right now, was one of those moments.

"Sir, are you su-?"

"Yes, set off the explosives. We'll come to you."

"We will?" Ella asked after he hung up. "I suppose I have to think of the plan?"

"No, you might make lead us into more trouble with a reckless decision," he replied sharply. "We'll go through the vents."

Ella scoffed, "like that's original."

She could tell her was resisting the urge to lose his temper with her, but he muttered something under his breath instead. He ignited his lightsaber and sliced a circle in the steel ceiling above them.

Before they went on, Anakin knelt down to his droid. "Go find a control panel on the outside and try to get the hangar door open." He said to R2. The droid whistled back loyally and rolled away.

Then, they hoped up in the vent system one by one and began to crawl toward the source of the commotion they heard.

Suddenly, the entire place rattled with a deafening explosion. Ella felt her stomach flutter and realized they were falling. The plan had not been for them to still be in the station when this happened, but somehow their plans never went their way.

"Through here," Ella said, pointing to a large grate to their right. The commotion from the battle in the hangar grew louder as they approached it.  

"I know, I'm not deaf," Anakin said passive aggressively, crawling passed her. As always, he was the person to cut through it and jump out first.

Ella jumped out after Anakin, guiding herself to land on one of the vulture droids that terrorized the clone troopers. The battle raged on all around her. Droids of all kinds tried to shoot them down.

She tugged the head of the vulture droid so that it moved in a circle. This attracted another vulture droid as it noticed her on top. It took a shot at her, but she ducked behind the head of the vulture droid. Just as it exploded, she hopped off onto the next vulture and sliced its head of with both lightsabers.

As it fell backwards to the ground, she flipped off of it and landed next to Anakin in the front line. Behind them, clones shot as fast as they could while using wooden crate piles as shelter.

"General Skywalker!" One clone shouted. "There's fuel cells over here!"

"Get ready..." Anakin warned them as he dodged and deflected shots from the droids that surrounded them.

If there was one thing they did together besides arguing, it was the ability to predict what the other was going to do. Ella slid in front of him, knowing he'd be distracted and kept fighting. Anakin extended his left arm and sent several of the fuel cells flying towards the cluster of droids. In one shot, Rex triggered one and the rest exploded, destroying all of the droids.

They all put away their weapons and sprinted the ship. "Ella, you pilot this time!" Anakin rushed as they ran up the ramp.

Surprised yet happy, Ella definitely agreed. A smile grew on her face as she strapped herself into the pilots seats. She knew what he was doing.

Just in time for takeoff, R2 opened the door. And as soon as their freighter flew out into open air, she opened the cargo doors.

"Commander-?" Rex questioned, but went silent as he saw Anakin's infamous yellow star fighter do several barrel rolls and then a nose dive right in front of them. "Oh- that's why."