Tatlumput-apat

K a r o l i i n a

The train lurches forward as we travel further up north, right where we are supposed to group with the remaining Dauntless soldiers. I place my hand against the train's wall when I become unsteady, and I make a grimace when I feel my hands start moistening. I really do not like having sweaty hands.

"Mate," A girl, about two or three years older than me, says with an eyebrow raised, "You look like you're going to vomit. Are you okay?"

I nod, breathing out a heavy sigh, "Yeah. Just a bit... edgy."

She gives me a sympathetic smile, nodding her head at my direction, "I know how you feel. My name's Ora, by the way."

"I'm Karoliina," I say, and somehow my throat closes up as I say my next words, "Are you--uh... Are you fighting because of..."

"Yeah, I am." She cuts me off just in time. I was already stuttering my words. "I have my Dad up fighting and I need to see that he's okay. You too?"

A blush covers my cheeks, "Yeah, my-uh... boyfriend."

"Oh, damn." Her laugh catches me off guard, "That must be nice."

"Hey, Eric's girl!" I lift my eyes up, meeting the green eyes of Jeno, "They're asking about the guns. Why don't you--oh, hello."

Bewildered, I watch as his eyes widen as they take in Ora. He comes closer, stepping beside the latter as he takes her hands in his and lifts them up, giving them a kiss, "I'm Jeno. You are?"

"Fuck off," I have to stifle my laugh as Ora pushes Jeno, making him go unbalanced and thus, he collides with the floor, "You're Eric's girl?" 

It takes a few minutes before I realise that she had addressed me, "Yes?" It sounded more like a question.

"The ruthless bad boy leader with the piercings and tattoos and big arms?"

"Um--"

"The one I'd have a crush on if he didn't make me piss my pants with one glare?"

"I am--"

"The one who rarely ever smiles but is ten times hotter if he does? THE Eric Coulter, transfer from Erudite? The one made leader at eighteen? The one who trained initiates this year? The one who kicked this guy's arse--" She points to Jeno who is almost dying of happiness as he says, "She knows me!"

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway," Ora's eyes are back on me, "The Eric I just described... Your his girlfriend?"

I cough awkwardly, "Yeah."

Her mouth forms an 'O' shape in surprise. "Woah. How do you keep up with him?"

"Keep up with him with what?"

"Oh, you know," She bats her eyes at me, "Making love."

I cough even more, and I have to pat my chest to make it stop, "That's... that's um--we haven't done anything--"

"Oh my virgin ears!" Jeno stands up, covering his ears, "You two are such crude people!"

"Oh, fuck yourself," My ears burn with the vulgar words Ora says, "You lost your virginity at sixteen."

"How did you know?!"

Ora walks away then, leaving Jeno shocked as he goes back to being sprawled on the floor, "I think I'm in love, E.G."

My mood lifts up in an instant.

~

I help Ora and Jeno carry the bags of guns and other weapons to their designated places. Cringing is all I can do whilst watching the two of them interact. Crude, inappropriate jokes and innuendos, a spank in the arse... Jeno does them all.

A couple of the older people usher us towards the Square, a place where they held gatherings. Actually, it is like a smaller version of the Pit. 

As I walk, I look around, watchful for a mop of dark hair as I do so. I am successful after a few minutes of searching, because Eric steps into a makeshift stage later on. My eyes zero in on his left arm, noticing the bandage that wraps around it. Blood is evident on the bandage. I take a sharp intake of breath.

His speech doesn't even register in my brain. My mind is clouded with worry. 

After his talk, I stay rooted in my spot. Jeno takes Ora away when she walks to me, giving me an understanding look, and the two of them walk away together. Eric sees me when the others disperse. 

"Karoliina?"

When he stands in front of me, looking alright--except for the bloody wound on his arm--my eyes water in thanks, "Eric." And I am enveloped with his big arms.

Whilst I relish the warmth he emits, I swear I hear an "Oh, damn!"

From Ora, of course. 

"Let's go to my room," Eric says after a few seconds, but he keeps his hand enclosed around mine, "We have a lot to talk about."

~

Somewhere on a hidden place in the Square

"I don't want to see them sucking their faces off!" Jeno complains to Ora as she drags him with her.

She snorts, "Yeah? Well, I do. And besides, I don't think a full-blown make-out session will happen. I don't see Karoliina doing that."

Jeno shrugs. The two of them wait behind a big boulder and silently watch as Eric walks towards Karoliina, embracing her as soon as she's in her reach.

"Oh, damn!"

"Zip your bloody kissable lips!"

"Oh, fuck off." Ora was never the same after meeting Jeno. 

I just wanted a JeRa moment.