Killing.

××
The continuation. . .

'What do you mean?' Clark asked, slightly confused. 'You mean there's more?'

Don sighed. 'Even she doesn't know the details,' he pointed at Vanessa. 'And Shadow isn't really talkative. Things got from bad to worse when—'

At this moment, Carter walked in with a grimace. 'There's been a murder.'

Vanessa shot to her feet. 'Carter, don't tell me. . .'

'She's on the loose.' he said quietly, his voice almost cracking.

'So soon?' Vanessa asked skeptically. 'Are you sure it's her?'

As her answer, Carter held up the photos no one noticed were in his hands. 'See for yourself.'

Vanessa took them from him as the heroes watched on. 'These are—'

In the pictures were two corpses in an alley, one decapitated, the other, covered in claw marks with it's eyes gouged out. But that wasn't what made Vanessa pale, no, it was the words written in blood on the alley wall.

I'm back.

The photos fell out of her hands as she was made numb by shock. 'She's killing.'

'This can't be happening? I think I'm going to—'

Carter stared at Vanessa and shook her lightly. 'We have no time for you to panic.'

'Oh. . . Okay.' She took in a deep breath, flashing him a small smile as she turned to the heroes. 'I think we should postpone—'

'Shadow has started killing hasn't she?' Batman cut her off.

'We have our orders.' Carter answered.

'And they are?' Barry asked with a raised brow.

'To eliminate Shadow at all costs.' Vanessa whispered.

'And who gave those orders?' Dinah asked sharply.

'Leader. . .' Vanessa let out a breath.

'I got my own elimination orders from Shadow herself.' Carter cupped his face in his hands. "But we can't kill her. . . We don't have will or the skill."

'So what, you set this whole meeting up so we did your dirty work for you?' Oliver asked with a sneer.

'No,' J'onn shook his head. 'They want us to convince her to stop.'

'We can't not carry out our orders, and Shadow would be more willing to walk into a sword than listen to us. If we even try to talk sense into her, she'll just find another way to die.' Don got up. 'So I'm going to go find her, see ya.'

'We do have a shade capable of handling her. . . But she's Six.' Vanessa shook her head.

'And what's wrong with Six?' A new voice joined the mix as Everett walked into the room. 'She's capable of facing Shadow and not dying.'

'Dr Temper.' Bruce greeted with narrowed eyes.

'Batman, how nice to see you again.' Everett smiled. 'But I go by "Eight" nowadays.'

'Who is this Six?' Canary asked, redirecting the topic.

'Shadow simply adores Six, she'd do anything for the kid and that isn't strange because they practically grew up in parallel lives.' Carter said as he walked to Everett. 'They both lost their parents, the both blame themselves and they both feel alone, only problem is, Six is eight years younger than Shadow but she's just as dangerous as Shadow was when she was that age.'