thirty: parting shot

Thank you, so much! Bride for 100 Days is in the top 1000?! Y'all!  Thank you for your votes and your comments and for all of it. Sweet-CHANCES, I-NeedHelp, sandeesolomon22, 
shies322, Thank you so much! I'm so happy how this has turned out. xoxo /bella

*****************************************************************************

We held hands in the back of the taxi while fireplug Fletcher sat in the front with the driver.

I leaned against his shoulder as our fingers played together. The shocks traveled up my arm and into my chest. I felt his lips in my hair, his breath on my skin. 

It was like being dipped in hot water, my whole body turned pink. 

It was almost an hour's ride to the cabin. As we reached the front door, Jeb turned to Fletcher with his hand up. "Stay," he ordered.

Once he'd locked the door behind us, Jeb turned and looked down to me. "I don't want to wait anymore. But if you do, I understand."

I went up on my toes and kissed him. My good hand tugged on the hem of his t-shirt. Getting the message, he reached down and pulled off his shirt over his head and tossed it down the hall. 

Oh, mercy, he was gorgeous. 

His skin was warm and smelled like him. I dropped kisses all along his torso and up to his neck. What I lacked in experience, I was going to make up for with desire. My insides were itchy and I felt a tugging, a need to be with Jeb. 

"Bedroom?" he asked, lifting my chin with his finger.

I met his eyes. "Yes." 

He took my hand and we walked to his room. 

I stood there, suddenly feeling a bit shy. He chuckled, that deep caramel sound that always made my heart flip. 

"Come here," he opened his arms and I stepped closer to him. He leaned in and kissed me, softly. Then more pressing. Finally, he lifted me up closer to him and invaded my mouth with his tongue, demanding my response. 

I lost myself. I had never felt so unpinned from the world. Everything was Jeb and his skin and my skin and all the sensations of our touch. 

He undressed me, piece by piece, until there was nothing left between us. For a moment, I felt anxious and embarrassed - my body was not a tiny hourglass. 

Jeb leaned back as though memorizing every inch of me. "You're beautiful, Alicia. So beautiful."

I held up my arms and opened myself to him. 

It was dark when I awoke in his bed. I was wrapped in a tangle of sheets and blankets and pillows. And alone. 

"Hello?"

"Querida, you're awake?" Jeb exited the bathroom, rubbing his head with a towel. And naked. 

I plopped my face into the mattress.

He laughed, "You've seen it all, now."

"Only horizontally," I protested. "And I wasn't looking."

"You were looking," he leaned over me and whispered in my ear. "It made you crazy, too."

My cheeks grew hot. 

"All right, all right," there was a shuffling sound. "You can look now."

I cautiously lifted my head. He was in a pair of navy boxer briefs and he looked good enough to eat. Good Lord, I practically swooned.