Chapter 35

Readers POV
Okay.. okay.. Calm down. Your ability is just.. expanding.. adapting. Nothing to worry about. You're not a freak. Love your ability.. love your ability.. I sigh as I coach myself, trying to calm myself down. Having an ability to shape shift is one thing. But having that ability take part in your everyday human form, is something else.
Okay, so.. if my body is gonna choose when or when not to hear others conversations. I need to control it so I can choose when to tune in or not. I walk down the hallway, lost in my own thought. I had pasted the kitchen, dining room and Jack wasn't in there, so I could only think he would be in the TV room. Wait.. a while ago I discovered this place had an attic.. should I go there looking for it.. or do I see Jack? Over a few seconds of decision making, I decided I wanted to see Jack instead. Who cares for a silly old attic. I wanted to know about Jack's past.
As I walk closer to the TV room, laughter and voices start to grow louder as I grew nearer. As I reach the door that was already open, I stand in the doorway and look around the room, until I see Jack. Then I saw him. He was sat on the sofa, Sally pulling on his legs, then his hoodie, then his legs again. I had no idea what emotion he was showing under his mask. But the feeling of seeing Jack with Sally made me happy.
I sigh in contentment as a smile forms on my face. I was about to take a step forward when suddenly an arm swings from behind me, forcing a cloth material over my face, covering my mouth a nose. I tried to scream or shout but it just came out as muffles. My body struggles furiously but my attacker was too strong. I may have an ability, but my body was weak.
The smell of chemicals filled my nostrils as I  start to fall unconscious.

~**~

I flutter my eyes open, only to find that everything was black. I couldn't see my own hands or feet. Was the room that dark? Had I gone blind? Was I wearing a blind fold? I tried to move but something stopped me. I yank my body around to feel that my hands were tied above my head. No no!! Not chains again!!! Please tell me this is another nightmare!! I tried to speak, yell, call for help, but I had been gagged shut with duct tape. I was powerless, what could I do? I couldn't move, talk or see. All I could do was hear and smell. The room was silent. The only sound I could hear, was a wall clock.
*Tic Tok.. Tic Tok.. Tic Tok*
My breathing becomes quicker as I begin to fear for my life. What happened? why was I here? Am I going to die?
Suddenly, my heart started to race as my body panicked, listening to the sound of someone walking in the room. The footsteps grew louder and louder, closer and close until finally stopping in front of me. My breathing was now heavy and shuddery as I feel something  reach behind my head, removeing the blindfold from my eyes. I can see! Thank god! However, what I saw in front of me. Was not a good sight. Stood before me, were the three people who had been searching for me. The whole reason that lead me to getting caught in that snare.
Jeff, Masky and BEN.

Masky took a step back, the blind fold dangling from his fingers. I tried to call for help but it was pointless. My cries were muffled by the duct tape.  Masky just chuckles at my powerlessness as he turns to Jeff, gesturing towards me.
"Get that duct tape off of her." He orders. Jeff nods with a grin as he walks over to me, his knife in his hand. I try to shy my face away but he grabs my chin to hold my face still. He grips onto the tape and rips it off of my face with one quick pull. I clench my tied fists and grit my teeth at the stinging sensation. I waste no time, I swing my head towards his hand, snapping my teeth. However, he was too quick. He moves his hand just in time, missing my bite.
"You stupid bitch!" He growls in anger at my attempt to hurt him. He raises his knife and slashes it across my cheek. Slicing my flesh. Blood dribbles down my face as I cry at the pain.
"You better watch it [Name]. Or you'll have Jeff to deal with." Masky says with an amused chuckle. Tears continue to drop down my face as more blood seeps from the wound.
"W-What do you w-want?..how did I get h-here?" I ask, meeting my gaze with BEN. He turns his face away, looking in the direction of Masky and Jeff.
"We just wanna talk. That's all." Masky lifts his hands in front of his chest as a mocking surrender.
"We had a little help getting you here." Jeff adds, causing me to raise a brow I confusion. But I suddenly snap my head in the direction of the door as someone walks trough it, carrying a box.
"T-Toby?!.." I stutter in shock as I watch Toby walk over to the other proxies. He places the box down in a near by table and starts to unpack it.
"Toby.. you're apart of this too?" No no! Not you as well Toby.. I thought you were one of the good guys!
Toby sighs as he turns to face me, pulling down his hood, showing his brown ragged hair.
"I'm s-sorry *tic* [Name]. But I must *tic* s-say, you're v-very weak. Even if you di- *tic* did put up a s-struggle." He says as he tics, flinches and stutters every so often. Tears begin to fill in my eyes. I thought I could look towards Toby as a friend..
"What are you going to do to me.." I ask with regret. BEN and Jeff grin menacingly as Masky chuckles.
"That's what the box is for." I could tell he was smirking under his mask by the way it lifted around the ears.
"Toby! Bring the box" BEN hollers. Toby nods as he lifts it from the table and hands it to BEN. He plunges his hand inside as he rummages through its content.
"We got all sorts of stuff. Knife. Hammer. Scissors? Razor." BEN lifts objects out of the box one by one before placing it back in to pick up another. My heart was racing at full capacity. Pounding out of my chest. I knew damn well that Masky would be able to hear it.