Overlooked

As night soon settled in I could feel my inner thoughts were spinning. "Will I be able to escape this time?" "Will I die?" "What is going to happen to me?"

As of right now everything seemed neutral. I could occasionally hear footsteps from outside or voices from the other side of the wall.

Knowing what time it is all the time is a great thing. Being able to see the sky through the skylight above is also a plus. But I've got to say. This room is much better than the room I have at home.

Although I do have to share this spacious space with Joshua. Not a bad thing but it does get quite annoying when you have someone around you 24/7. But I may or may not have a slight crush on Joshua. I'm sure it's only because he's the only person I've been talking to.

It's been a day since I ended up here. Oh the pain of your stomach growling. I just lay on the bed hoping that someone would give us food. Even if it was from Patricia. As much as I hated her I was extremely desperate.

That feeling of emptiness inside you. The feeling that you've lost all your freedom. Yeah I can say that Joshua and I have gotten close. Maybe a little too close but I'm sure we will get out of here, together.

There was only one bed to sleep on so we had to share the same one, but I did put a boundary line. Although there were some times where I woke up in the night and found him right next to me. But I can say that I have kicked him probably five times already. As I slept lightly I could feel again, Joshua's light breath breathing down my neck. Too tired to react I just assumed he couldn't help himself. Since he was sleeping.

I heard very softly the door creek open. Unaware of my surroundings I still sleep lightly but my suspicions starting to rise. Footsteps are heard coming into the room. I nudge Joshua who is right next to me, waking him up.
"Hm?" He hums. I nudge him again and this time he sits up. Seeing the light coming through the open doorway. I sit up as well so I can see who is walking around.

"H-hey, you there?" Joshua mumbles adjusting his eyes to the dark room.

"Go back to sleep. I was uh, just putting the cleaning supplies in the bathroom," Dennis' voice is heard. As my eyes adjust to the dark I can see his tall figure standing by the bathroom doorway.

"Okay, uh so tomorrow we will be cleaning the bathroom? Do we need the bathroom as a sacrifice as well?" Joshua says statistically. Although this is not the right time for sarcastic jokes I couldn't help but to laugh a little quietly.

"I'm glad you are, uh, able to find humor in this. And could you two, uh, possibly move? Like one of you onto the couch and the, uh, other on the bed," Dennis says seeming a bit annoyed.

"Yo, I mean I didn't see any rules up anywhere on what to do and what not to do."

"Joshua," I mumble warning him not to test Dennis.

"It's alright Casey," Joshua says to me looking back at me.

Dennis mumbles something on his way out. He closes the door making the room even darker.

"You should probably do what he said. If he comes in again I don't think he will have much patience," I say.

"Alright, under your wishes," he says. I feel as he moves out and onto the couch. I lay back down and stare at the skylight above me. The many stars above me. Seeing the tops of pine trees. You can almost hear the sound of the wind going against the leaves. Everything so peaceful. But I knew that this was just the calm before the storm.

It took me a while to fall back into my sleep. The encounter with Dennis was the first ever since I got here yesterday. As the bright yellow sun gazed upon over me I shielded my eyes from the bright light. Turning over and feeling the cold sheets that I haven't touched. Opening my eyes once again I don't see Joshua sleeping on the couch. I remember he went over there to sleep. Now in the morning he's gone. Maybe Dennis took him while I was sleeping. I frantically looked around the room with my eyes then seeing him in the bathroom cleaning down the sink. I was relieved that he wasn't taken, since he is going to be a big help to the escape plan.

There wasn't much of an edge to this room. It was quite calming. The last one was anxiety tipping. I could be left in this room forever and I would be fine. Maybe not forever but you get the point.

"H-hey can I come in?" A voice with a lisp if heard from the other side of the locked door. It was Hedwig.

"Sure, come in, Hedwig," I call out. Joshua turns around and looks at me. The door slowly opens up showing the boy.
"You're back!" Hedwig says walking over to me. Getting Joshua's attention he stops cleaning and walks over to me.

"Oh so that's who Mr.Dennis doesn't like," Hedwig says pointing at Joshua.

"He has stuff against me? I should be the one with stuff against him. He's the one who kidnapped us anyways," Joshua lashes out.
"Well that's just what Mr.Dennis says. He also thinks that you two should have some space from each other, et cetera," Hedwig trails off.

"Hedwig, do you know where we are? Like a specific city?" I ask.

"N-no. I don't know much. I have to go blow my nose," Hedwig says taking steps back before he closes he door. I can hear footsteps behind he door. The footsteps slowly fade.

Hedwig obviously knows something and I need to get it out of him. He just doesn't trust me that much. I mean a nine year old isn't going to trust everyone.

"We need to get out of here. We're climbing through that skylight tomorrow night. I don't think there's much longer," Joshua says pointing up to the glass skylight.

And it was there where I knew I had to drop all of my feelings for Dennis. Now it's about escaping alive and in one piece.

2k reads WOW! but on the real tho. things about to get spicy!!!

Ill be updating every other day from now on. Just trying to update everyday is difficult. But the chapters will be longer!

Please vote for this chapter and comment some feedback! I always love to read your comments! Add this book to your library so you'll always know when I update!

-llvevo