chapter 24

"That's the point, you never listen!"

As soon as Taehyung had opened the door to his house, he immediately heard his mom's exasperated shout. He closed the door behind him taking a deep breath in.

His parents were fighting. Again.

"And you never consider my propositions," Mr. Kim shot back.

Taehyung cautiously stood in their foyer, trying his best not to make a sound. This had been happening a lot lately that he didn't know how to feel about it. If anything, it weighed him down.

"You know what, we don't need to talk about this anymore," Mrs. Kim said defeatedly. She was too tired of the same argument; there wasn't any sense to bother with it anymore. Too much damage had been done.

"I suppose so," stated Mr. Kim. "The papers will arrive soon anyway."

Soon, his father appeared on the staircase, making his way down. Taehyung's gaze met Mr. Kim's distant and indifferent expression. He gave a small nod to his son, and a minute later, he was out of sight.

Where was he going? Who knew. But it probably had something to do with his business. That's the thing about Mr. Kim. His business always came first.

Taehyung went up to check on his mom. After two knocks, Mrs. Kim opened the door. She sent a small smile towards Taehyung's way, and he immediately noticed how watery his mother's eyes were.

"I'm okay, honey. Don't worry about me," she said.

Taehyung prevented a frown from showing. This was something Taehyung didn't like about his mom: lying about how she really feels.

Perhaps Taehyung hadn't noticed it himself—That he was actually just the same.

In the end, he could only nod at his mom. He knew he couldn't do anything anymore. He tried.
But his attempts weren't so successful.

"I'm going out for a while. Please call me if anything's up," Taehyung told his mom. "Literally anything, mom."

Mrs. Kim nodded assuringly as she whispered a soft 'thank you' to his son.

☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎

"You look so stiff, is anything wrong?" Kyungmin raised a brow, mouth twitched upwards as she waited for Taehyung's answer.

That same afternoon, Taehyung had met with Kyungmin at the park nearby. It was funny for both of them; their houses were next to each other, yet they'd have their rendezvous at the said location.

"No," Taehyung simply muttered, sitting on a metal bar with Kyungmin standing in front of him.

"Really?" She shot Taehyung a meaningful look. "I might do silly things most of the time and be totally childish, but you know you can rely on me right? It's gonna be unfair if it's only me who always relies on you, Taetae."

"I know."

"Then what's the problem?"

"My parents..."