32

- Sunday April 16th, 8;15 a.m -

- Camila stood outside of Sofi's door, shocked at what she had just heard. She really didn't know how to react. She felt happy, knowing that Lauren still loved her and all; but should she really? She knew how complicated things had been between her and the older girl in the past, how complicated things still are. So along with feeling happy, Camila also felt scared. And nervous, and anxious; in all honesty, she really didn't know how to feel.

She felt all of these emotions at once, she didn't know if it was a good or a bad thing; maybe both. All she knew was it wasn't even noon yet and more had gone on this morning, than it had for months now, and Camila couldn't help but think; "this is why I don't wake up before noon most of the time."

Camila then took a shaky breath, and walked into the room, putting on a "everything is fine" face, and smiling. "Hi Kaki, you're home!" Sofi said happily as she stood up and hugged her older sister, Camila bent down and hugged her back. "I told you I'd be right back, didn't I?" Camila teased lightly and Sofi giggled as she pulled away.

Lauren smiled a small smile at Camila, who smiled back of course, "Thanks for taking care of her." Camila said gently, deciding not to say anything to Lauren about what she had just heard; yet.

"It was no problem, we had fun." Lauren said lightly as she stood up from the floor, where her and Sofi had been playing Barbie's. Lauren's phone then went off, signaling that she had gotten a text. Lauren reached into her back pocket and saw that Normani had texted her.

"Where are you? We've been waiting in the studio for twenty minutes."

Lauren read the text and her eyes went wide, "Oh my god, the studio." Lauren mumbled. "I was scheduled to record in the studio with Mani and Ally today!" Lauren said and Camila's eyes went wide. "Well what are you doing standing here and talking to me for? Go." Camila joked rushingly and Lauren rolled her eyes playfully. "Alright, Sofi, I will see you soon. And Camila, hopefully never." Lauren said seriously, "I'm kidding, but seriously, I gotta go." Lauren said and Camila giggled.

"Bye Lauren!" Sofi said and Lauren smiled, "Bye kiddo, stay golden." Lauren winked as she walked off. Sofi then furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at Camila who was smiling, "Was that racism?" Sofi asked and Camila's eyes went wide. "What? No Sofi, it wasn't." Camila said, "It was an expression." Camila explained.

"Expression? I've never heard that expression before." Sofi admitted and Camila only stared down at her younger sister. "You've seriously never heard the phrase "stay golden"?" Camila asked and Sofi shook her head. "God, you're such a fetus. You know what? You and I are gonna spend the next two hours watching and contemplating a movie called "The Outsiders"." Camila said smirking as she dragged Sofi to her room.

-

(An hour later)

- Lauren sat in the studio with Normani and Ally as they each wrote and discussed song ideas.

"So, where were you last night?" Ally asked curiously, staring at Lauren. "I uh, had a thing to do." Lauren said bluntly and Normani only nodded. "Uh-huh, a Cuban thing?" Normani asked teasingly as her and Ally bursted into fits of laughter, causing Lauren's eyes to go wide.

"How the hell do you guys know about Camila and I?" Lauren asked in a shocked tone. "Dinah told us." Ally said simply. "How the fuck did Dinah know?" Lauren asked again, starting to feel even more confused. "Hey, don't underestimate Dinah, she may not be the smartest, but she does know everything that goes on with her ship." Normani joked and Lauren only shook her head, "That sneaky little-" Lauren tried to say but was cut off.

"Do not finish that sentence unless you want a Poly beat down." A familiar voice said as they all turned around to see Dinah. "Dinah!" They all yelled happily, "What are you doing here? It's your day off." Ally reminded her. "And miss all of Lauren's hot sexy Camren details? Nah." Dinah said seriously, causing Normani and Ally to laugh while Lauren rolled her eyes. "You're insufferable Dinah Jane, you know that?" Lauren asked jokingly, "But you love me anyway." Dinah said as she walked over to them and flipped her hair, accidentally whipping Ally in the face.

"Every time!" Ally practically yelled causing the girls to burst into laughter again.

After their laughter died down, Dinah smirked. "So Lauser, what did happen last night?" Dinah asked teasingly and Lauren only smiled an innocent smile at the taller girl. "I don't kiss and tell." Lauren winked, "Wait, so we do admit that there was kissing?" Normani asked in a teasing tone, causing Lauren to roll her eyes. "You're also insufferable." Lauren said, sticking her tongue out at her best friend.

"Wait a second, y'all are so focused on the sinful details, but I need to know; are you and Camila on good terms again? Did you finally get your reason?" Ally asked, causing the two other girls to stare at Lauren, awaiting an answer.

"Yes, I got my reason." Lauren answered, "It wasn't the reason I expected, but it was- something. And yeah, I suppose Camila and I are on good terms again, there was a lot of tears and shit; but we're okay." Lauren answered, causing Normani and Ally to smile. "Awwww! That's great, I'm so glad you're finally able to move on from holding a grudge." Normani said sincerely.

"Yeah, I mean I'm still upset- kind of, but not as much as I was before. I really have a feeling things are gonna change, for the better, you know?" Lauren asked, smiling lightly. Ally and Normani then smiled widely at the green eyed girl, "See! I told y'all that forgiving is key, y'all think I don't know, but I do." Ally said, praising herself, causing Lauren and Normani to laugh. "Yes, you told us Ally, we all owe you a thanks." Lauren said smiling and only Ally smiled smugly.

"Wait." Dinah said, causing everyone to look at her, "But did you two have sex?!" She asked staring directly at Lauren. "Cause that's the important thing here." She added and Lauren rolled her eyes. "Dinah, you're such a perv." Lauren said bluntly, causing Ally and Normani to laugh loudly. "I'm being dead serious." Dinah added.