01 [ 14 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

I watched as Nat leaps off the Captain's shield and onto a Chariot. She rides off towards the Stark Towers, in an attempt to close the portal.

"Captain, the bank on 42nd past Madison." Clint's voice spoke through my earpiece just as I sunk my blade into yet another Chitauri's chest, "They've cornered a lot of civilians in there." He reports.

Steve glances at me as he gets to his feet, just having fought off a Chitauri. A mixture of uncertainty and worry spreads across his face.

"Go," I nod, "I've got some scores to settle with Loki, anyway. I think it's high time I did."

"Alone?" Steve raises his brows at me, "It's going to be dangerous."

"I know. That's why I won't be alone." I shrugged, gesturing to the Hulk who'd just landed a short distance away from us. "I'll take the big guy. Besides, are you implying that I can't handle him myself?" I smirked.

"Of course not." He smiles, "I wouldn't dare."

I chuckle, "Good. Go on then, there are people who could really use your help."

He nods, "Hawkeye, I'm on it." He informs.

I turned on my heels, getting ready to take on Loki.

"Camille." He calls out  just as I was about to leave, "You'll be okay, right?" He asks, sounding like he needed some reassurance.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I smiled as I raised my brows, "Will you?" I asked jokingly, making him laugh as he shook his head.

I let out a high-pitch whistle, drawing the attention of the Hulk, who was effortlessly tearing into stray Chitauris as if they were a couple of raggedy-ann dolls.

He snaps his head towards me and snarls, "Woah," I cautiously approached him, "Easy, big guy. I just need a ride up."

I clung onto the back of the huge beast, hanging on for dear life. I was flung, violently from side to side as he scaled the Stark Tower, almost slipping off a couple of times.

He thrusts himself forward and into a window panel, causing the glass to shatter into countless pieces. Leaping off his back, I broke into a forward roll as soon as I came into contact with the cool floor.

Nocking an arrow in my bow, and drawing it as I aimed it at Loki.

"Back again so soon, Artemis?" He scoffs, "I can't quite decide if you are incredibly brave, or simply a fool." He says as his face falls serious.

In a split second, he appears right in front of me. His hand around my neck. I let out a grunt as it's grip tightening by the second. I kicked my legs out wildly as he lifts me off the ground, trying to feel for the solid floor.

"I think that it is clear now, that you are just a fool. How stupid you must be, to think you can defeat me." He spat, his grip tightening.

I gasped for air as my lungs now burned. I clawed at his wrist, trying to get him to loosen his grip. My hands travelled up to his face, pushing at it, hoping that something, anything would cause him to let go.