Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 12

Serena Mclane's P. O. V

I stand there stunned at his outrightness for a few moments, before I blink my way back into normalcy.

"Serena Mclane." I say hesitantly. The man grins a wide smile and pulls me into a hug, taking me into shock once more.

"Stop messing about Greg." Damien snaps.

"Sorry, sorry." He mumbles sheepishly but then glances from me to Damien.

"Ah so you're that Serena Mclane." He says coyly. For some reason, minus the hesitation, I can't help but to like this giggling, smiling man.

"Okay so what are we looking for?" Greg asks looking at me.

I glance at him and shrug, "I'm as lost as you."

Damien stares at Greg blankly before the latter of the two men 'Ah's' and rushes towards the small stack of files. A few moments of silence lapse by as Greg rummages through its contents. Finally he emerges with a Manila folder that has a red stripe of tape going across it. He hands it over to Damien who flips it open and scans the contents.

Peaking over his shoulder, I try to look at the contents only to see pictures along with columns of writing and comments regarding one of the new prototypes that my father's company is soon to be releasing.

"What are you doing with that?" I ask him as he closes it up. He glances at me, over his shoulder.

"Borrowing it." He murmurs simply.

My eyebrows rise as I look from him to the file repeatedly.

"You mean you're stealing it." I state.

"Your father owes me a favour, I'm taking him up on it."

"You do know that technically your stealing from me."

"That is true." Greg inputs while I send him a thankful smile.

"Well technically we're not stealing it since I do intend to return it when I'm done with it. It's for the betterment of both of ours companies anyway." Damien says, unrelenting.

I calculate what the harm of all this can lead to. I mean if Damien needed it and if it is to endanger the company he would hardly do it in my presence. I purse my lips as I look between the two men and the file still clasped in one of their hands.

"I swear if anything bad leads to this-"

"It won't." Damien cuts me off. I know of Damien really wants to, he can pin all the blame on me. My father will definitely believe him over me.

But Damien doesn't seem like the person to do so. After all he's done for me, why would he resort to sabotaging me like that? Maybe for me to drop my guard. I shake my head and dismiss the thought.

"Fine, but if anything happens. I'm not involved."

Damien smirks and nods at me. Even Greg grins, "Beauty, brains, and a badass." He says winking which makes me laugh.

"Lets go." Damien murmurs, relocating his hand on my waist, slipping the file under his suit jacket.

Just as we reach the door, a feminine voice, none other than Nicole's reaches us.

icon lock

Show your support for Rosie, and continue reading this story

by Rosie
@the_rebellionxx
Damien Stryker is a ruthless billionaire, but when Serena Mclane is f...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 75 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @the_rebellionxx.