Chapter Twenty Three

If it weren't for the seriousness in Kapoor's eyes, Vihaan would have been convinced that his father was joking, that the nonsense spewing out of his father's lips was a big joke. But he knew it wasn't. So he sat there, shocked beyond words, barely able to comprehend the words he was hearing.

"Vihaan?"

He heard his name but didn't respond. What else was left to say?

"Vihaan, I know this wasn't part of the plan but you need to look at the bright side; at least Kyra gets to live in all of this, at least she gets to walk away alive. Frankly..."

"Stop it!" Vihaan yelled. "I don't know what sort of sick joke you or that monster of a man who calls himself Kyra's father is up to and frankly, I don't care! Both of you can burn in hell and I wouldn't care!"

"You, Vihaan, crossed a line when you put your hands on Mr. Jindal, not me! You must pay for the consequences of your actions and the man wants that price to be your marriage. A marriage you absolutely despised in the beginning, a marriage that was only entered into because we needed to kill her and get her money..."

Vihaan released a frustrated breath. Surrounded! He was surrounded by blood thirst hounds whose joy was derived from the pain and sadness of other people.

"I thought we could get Mr Jindal's wealth but it turns out, we can't. We can all move on with our lives when we let Kyra go. I thought this is what you've always wanted." Kapoor placed a compassionate hand on Vihaan's shoulder but he shrugged Kapoor's hand off.

Kapoor heaved a breath and rose to his feet. Turning to face Vihaan who sat on the bed, "please don't make me turn to plan B, Vihaan because I really thought I could reason with you."

Of course, Vihaan should have seen this coming; a threat. Somehow, his father always had to have his way. It didn't matter what Vihaan wanted, it didn't matter what Kyra wanted, all that mattered was what their controlling fathers wanted.

First it was his father's sinister plan to switch Kyra's drugs and kill her —a plan that would have worked if Vihaan hadn't stepped in and tried to save her life. A plan that caused him to draw close to her because he needed to protect her and then he fell in love with her.

Then it was Macy. A controversy strong enough to shake their marriage to its very core. It was strong enough to gain Kyra's mistrust. Strong enough to have her move around bearing the pain of his infidelity and strong enough to leave him expecting an illegitimate child with a prostitute. And while Kyra insisted she had forgiven him, he knew she hadn't fully forgiven him.

Now this! Divorce Kyra! Her father wanted him to divorce her!

Why was the universe against them? What was it about their love that their parents just couldn't accept?!

He made a fist and clenched his teeth. A part of him wanted to punch his father. A part of him wanted to yell. There was a part that wanted to storm out of the door and run off with Kyra. But Vihaan knew he had to sit here and listen. He needed to know the extent of his father's plan before he could come up with a way of escape.

"If you refuse to divorce Kyra, I'll tell her the real reason you married her, which is to have her killed and come into her fortune." Kapoor raised a brow.

Vihaan nearly laughed. So that was his father's plan? To accuse Vihaan of trying to kill Kyra? It was insane simply because Kyra would never choose to trust Kapoor over Vihaan.

A smile played at the corners of Vihaan's lips for the first time that evening. "Really, Father, and how do you plan on convincing Kyra of this?"

A clever smile settled on Kapoor's face, filling Vihaan with dread. "I have you on record, Vihaan. And that's not all, I have proof that you, Vihaan have been switching Kyra's drugs which was the main reason for her heart attack. As it is, Kyra knows who has been administering her drugs, she knows you took the responsibility away from..."