Chapter 20- Shoot or Die

I'm so sorry for these spaced out updates. I want to thank everyone who's sticking with me through this time.♥ I hope to get back on schedule soon!!

******************************************

*Keyanna*

I couldn't bring myself to look August in his eyes, but I could hear the anger in his voice. Now I had no choice but to tell him about Huey. It would be pointless for me to lie, because I'm sure he wouldn't even believe me. I hung my head low, while the tears fell from my eyes. I'm not sure why I was crying. I should feel a sense of relief, knowing that things are about to get better for me.

He slowly ran his finger over the largest bruise. I looked up and found him staring down at me. He had a strange look in his eyes, a look that said he was ready to kill. He pulled me into his arms, which only caused me to cry harder. "All you have to do is give me a name. I'll make all your problems disappear," August stated, barely above a whisper. There was no denying the fact that he was beyond mad at this point, but I think my tears had softened him up a bit. I think August knew who did this to me, he just needed confirmation.

"It was Huey," I quietly mumbled. It felt good to finally tell someone. August held me in his arms for a few seconds and then he let me go. He said no words as he got in the car. I slowly went around got in the passenger seat. I looked over at him, but he looked straight ahead. He pulled out the parking lot, headed in the direction of my house. I pulled out my phone and sent Denzel a text telling him to meet us at my house.

"Aug, I don't want you to do anything stupid," I said after a few minutes of silence. There was no need for him to go crazy and start shooting up the place. I wiped the few remaining tears off my face.

"Baby, I'm can't make you no promises. I ain't just gonna let him hurt you and get away with it," August replied. He sounded calm, but the look on his face told a different story. 

10 minutes later we pulled up to the apartments. August was halfway inside before I even opened the car door. When I got out and got Kimberly, I saw our neighbor, Mrs. Roberts, walking ahead of us. It had been a while since I saw her.

"Hi, Mrs. Roberts," I greeted her once we were closer to her.

"Hi Keyanna, it's been a long time since I've seen you girls," Mrs. Roberts said sweetly. We continued walking towards the apartment.

"I know, we've been busy. I was wondering if you could watch Kim for a few minutes," I said quickly. I didn't know what August was about to do, but I didn't want Kimberly to watch him.

"Of course, is everything okay?" she asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

"Yes ma'am. I just need to take care of something. It won't take long," I responded. We had just reached her door. I told Kimberly that I would be back soon, before making my way down to my door. I was still moving slow, so it took me longer than expected to get there. 

I walked in and saw that August and Huey were already arguing with each other. They both turned to look at me when I closed the door. I slowly walked over and stood behind August.

"You went and got this lil' nigga? Was I supposed to be scared?" Huey asked, with the same amused look from earlier.

"Niggas got me fucked up, thinkin' imma soft ass nigga. They all let my looks fool 'em," August said turning to look at me. I remained silent, unsure of how to respond. August had a crazy look in his eyes, one I had never seen before. I prayed that Denzel got here before things got out of hand.

"Why are you even here?" Huey asked August. I looked back and forth between the two of them. Huey was noticeably bigger than August, but size didn't always matter during a fight. Sometimes the smallest people pack the biggest punches.