16. Just now

So now you all know her name.

(I'm not going to be changing the title from Thirteen's POV to Everly's POV. At least, not yet.)

And now, without further ado...the chapter. Sorry it took a little while.

Thirteen's POV

"I think you should make them tighter." I tell Josh.

He scowls at me as he ties the ropes around Garrett and the chair. "Any tighter I'll be cutting off the circulation to every damn part of his body."

"I don't see a problem with that." Lily chimes in.

"Shouldn't he be awake by now?" Olivia questions before shooting a look at Ryder.

"Why are you shooting a glare my way?" Ryder asks defensively.

"You're the one who shot him!"

"I know. You're welcome!"

"You probably gave him permanent brain damage." Kate mutters.

"If that's what that little thing did when I shot him then you know what? I'm not sorry. Asshole had it coming big time."

"Mr. Stevenson, I would tread lightly if I were you." Henri warns with a harsh and deadly glare. Ryder chuckles nervously.

I turn my attention back to Josh just as he finishes with the last of the ropes. "You do know that if he somehow gets out-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, you're blaming me." Josh says with a roll of his eyes.

"I could have you and him trade places." I threaten.

Josh smiles widely before a look of mock concern falls over his face and he points with his hand up to his own cheek, but in reality he's referring to mine. "You might want to put something on that."

I pick up the glass paperweight from the table next to me and peg it at him. He dodges it easily and rolls around on the floor laughing. I glare at him before glaring instead at Ryder, since it was his fault. He just gives me a blank look.

"I apologized already." He says with a deep sigh, as if this conversation is so beneath him.

"You and I both know you didn't mean it."

He shrugs lazily. "No I did not."

Ryder had caught up to me and tackled me to the floor. I have no idea what exactly he was planning on doing and even he seemed at a loss. He had just kind of stared at me murderously, right up until the point I tried to get up. Then he decided he wasn't above hitting girls. My cheek is now sporting a cut, but not from Ryder. At least not intentionally.

When he'd knocked me down I'd fallen slightly onto a tree root, and it had cut into my cheek. He then tried to hit me. And I say tried because he's the one who ended up with the black eye.

And Lily's the one who gave it to him. She's quite proud of it too.

"When should he wake up?" Hayden asks Ryder and Ryder just lets out a little careless shrug.

"Few hours maybe?"

"Are you just suggesting an answer?"

"Well it's not like I asked Nicky." Ryder grumbles. "Tasers don't normally knock people unconscious...unless she's the one who made them." Ryder scowls and I can't keep the smirk off my face.

"She pulled a taser on you didn't she?" His only response is further scowling and a deadly glare. I laugh and Lily cackles like a witch.

"Where is Nicky?" Lily asks curiously. "I haven't seen her yet." She peers around Ryder as if Nicky's hiding somewhere in the house behind him.