Chapter 36

Important A/N at the end. Please don't skip it.

Erica

It was around 10a.m. that I got a mail from Ethan. I clicked it open and found myself staring at it for a long time reading the message again and again. Ethan had accepted my resignation. It was something that I sincerely hoped he would do but somehow learning that he had actually accepted it made my heart break. I didn't know I had been hanging on the thin line of hope until he had broken it today. It was what I wanted, I wanted to get away from him then why was I not happy? Why did I feel myself getting teared up by realizing that every bond between me and Ethan had broken accept for our baby. The baby that was currently growing in my stomach, that was created by our love. Our love child. The baby was the greatest connection that was left between me and Ethan. How different would things be if not for the current situation!

But now was not the time for getting upset over past events. Now I had to concentrate on more important things like getting a job that could pay enough to support me and my baby. I searched the web for any possible jobs but as soon as I opened the browser one particular name had catching my eyes. I clicked it open for the detailed news and what I found had me skipping my heartbeat.

Billionaire businessman , Ethan Monroe was spotted having a lip lock with his fiancée Christine Taylor at local café.

Below the article was a picture of Ethan and Christine kissing each other. Tears pooled in my eyes. I knew I was a fool to cry over the image when I knew that it was likely to happen some day or the other. But still I couldn't keep my tears at bay. It only proved one thing and that was, I was still madly in love with Ethan. No matter how much I tried to convince myself it didn't do any better, I still loved him because unknowingly he had become my life and now he was even the father of my baby. I couldn't forget the father of my baby. I cried my heart out just staring at the picture and cursing my less fortunate life.

"My baby, I know I am being a bad mommy by crying but I can't help it. I miss your Daddy. Always remember that your mommy loves you and she will always protect you." I said sobbing and patting my belly. I realized that it was my first time talking to my baby and strangely I felt better.

"I'll do my best to take care of you and never make you feel lonely. You'd never have to go through what your mommy did. I'll be always there for you. I promise." I caressed my belly and smiled to myself. Patting my stomach I stood up from the bed and walked to the mirror. I observed my still flat belly and wondered how I'd look within a few months when my stomach would be bloated. An idea popped up in my mind and I grabbed the nearest small pillow. Rolling up my shirt I placed the pillow on my stomach and rolled the shirt back down. I twirled in the mirror and observed myself in the mirror. Still keeping the pillow inside my shirt, I crouched on the floor and I didn't know when happy tears flowed through my eyes. I caressed my artificial bump as I would do to my bump in the coming months and all my worries faded away. I knew at that moment that my baby would bring happiness to me.

Ethan

F*ck! What the actual f*ck? How did these photos leak? Who even snapped these photos? I hoped for the sake of Christine that she wasn't the one behind these or else I didn't know what I'd do. By now everyone must have seen the photo, Erica must have  seen it too. I got a call from Christine and I immediately answered the call.

"Hey baby, did you see our picture? Isn't it cute?" She cooed. My blood was boiling and she was finding it cute?

"What the f*ck is this Christine? If you have done this then I swear you are going to regret ever messing with me." I threatened her.

"Me? Why would I do that? Have some faith in me Ethan. I didn't do it. But I must admit that we look so good together. Like made for each other." She said cheerfully. I rolled my eyes at her even though she couldn't see me through the phone. I had an extreme urge to punch something at that moment. My anger was getting pent up inside me and I had to let it out somewhere, anywhere. I hung up and was about to lock the phone when my eyes fell upon my phone's homescreen wallpaper. It was a picture of Erica when she was smiling and her head was ducked down shyly. It was a moment when I had deliberately teased her and she was feeling shy. God! She looked beautiful.
I clicked the phone off and threw it carelessly on the desk. I closed my eyes and rubbed my hands on my face. I had to let my frustration out on someone or something or else I'd go crazy. When did I felt so helpless? I grabbed my keys and headed straight to my car. I knew the best person who could advice me on what to do.

"Where to Sir?" My driver asked .

"Take to my parent's place." My mom would definitely help me to clear my mind.

*****

"Ethan." My mom came towards me as soon as she saw me and enveloped me in a warm embrace. I hugged my mom and held her tight. Nothing better than your mom's warm embrace. Letting go of her, I made her sit on the bed of her room. Dad was not at home and this was a perfect moment to talk to mom.

I removed my suit jacket and tossed it away, next I rolled up my sleeves and sat on the bed next to her laying my head on her lap. She smiled at me and combed her fingers through my hair. Her motherly touch was what I needed at that moment.

"What happened my boy?" She asked with concern. Sure she must have sensed something wrong with me. This was so unlike me.

"Mom, I just don't understand anything. I feel whatever I do is turning out to be wrong. I just want everyone to be happy, but no one is happy here." I said.

"Ethan, you don't have to carry the burden of everyone's happiness. You should look for your own happiness sometimes too. You can't make everyone happy." Mom repeated the exact same lines that Erica had said to me a few days ago. I contemplated on what mom said. When I didn't speak she continued.

"You know baby, you were always responsible child. You never disobeyed me or your father. I know sometimes you didn't like it but to make us happy you did it anyway. Today I am going to tell you to do against. I'm telling you to do what makes you happy. You don't have to think about what others think, because you can't make two persons happy at the same time. You know the saying, the one who tries to please someone pleases no one. Try to find your happiness. Tell me what do you want?" She asked. I didn't have to think twice about what I wanted. It was clear from the beginning.

"I want to be happy mom, I want to be with her. But I don't want to disappoint Dad. Why can't he just accept her? You love her, right? Ella, Seb, they all liked her, then why not Dad? Why can't he just accept that I am happy with someone else. She is smart, beautiful, independent, has a kind heart, isn't it enough? Just because of her mother's and Uncle Richard's affair why do we have to suffer?" I asked remembering how Dad spoke about Erica's mother with distaste.

"Like I said, chase after what you want not what your Dad wants. I couldn't go against your Dad because he is my husband but if I have to choose between my son and husband I'd choose my son because your emotions are pure for that girl and your Dad's hatred is anything but pure. I support you only because I know how much you love her and I know you'll make the right choice." Mom said patting my shoulders. I got up from her lap to look at her face that showed how much she was happy. Mom truly loved Erica and it could be clearly seen from her face.

"Why does Dad hate here mom?" I asked her and saw her eyed widen slightly as if she didn't expect me to ask that. It was high time for me to know that now. Unless I knew the entire thing I couldn't solve the problem.

---*-*-*---

Importance A/N:Hey guys I'm going to say something that probably you won't like but Its been high time now. I have decided to keep 'You & I on a hold for a certain time. I don't know when I'll start posting the rest of the chapters. But I'll surely complete it one day. Meanwhile I have decided to focus on my another stories that I have started.

Until then please,

Vote
Comment
& Share