Chapter 70

~I'm sooooo sorry it's so late!!!!! I was crazy busy tonight.. So I won't do a long note so you can get to reading. Sorry again hope you like it :) thank you for your patients lol I also didn't get a chance to double check for errors so forgive me! ~

Chapter 70

"Ok so..the other day after you proposed, your dad called me. At first I told him no that I wouldn't meet him. He said if I didn't he would help Liam get a better lawyer for a retrial. So-"

"Why didn't you tell me? When are you going to let me protect you Charlie? How many times do we have to have this conversation? After everything we have been through. Together might I add. Why do you still try to fight every battle alone?"

He was on his feet. His brow furrowed and his eyes locked on me.

"I have told you time after fucking time. I love you and I will do anything to keep you happy and safe. Yet every time something threatens our relationship, I'm left out of knowing."

"Harry I'm trying to protect this family as well. He told me not to tell you. I didn't know what else to do. I thought maybe if I talked to him, just me. He would finally believe that this was real and we loved each other. When I got there he made it clear that wouldn't happen. He told me to get an abortion. To leave you before graduation. He started throwing numbers out for how much he would pay me. He said if I told you he would make you leave me, then take Aidan, and I would never see him. I was planning to tell you. I know how good we have been doing with being open. I was just so upset and-"

"Charlie I'm not going anywhere! I thought when I put that ring on your finger all the doubts about anything would vanish. My dad clearly has no control over the situation. He's not going to bring Liam into this. I won't let him. You have to trust me. You have to let me know when shit like this happens"

I could tell he was exhausted. Physically and emotionally. He hadn't slept since yesterday and then fighting was only making it worse.

"I'm sorry. I know I should have told you. You believe me that I wasn't going to cash that check though right? I would never do that."

"I know. I was just pissed. I let my paranoid thoughts get the best of me." He shrugged stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"And...you don't really think I cheated on you...do you?" It took all the energy I had left to ask him. If he said yes I would be completely heartbroken. Having Harry think of me that way is the last thing I needed.

"No of course not." He was across the room and pulling me to his chest in less than a second. His warm embrace only confirmed his words.

"Is this ever going to end? All the drama with your dad." My cheek was pressed to his chest. I closed my eyes breathing in his scent.

"Yea. I'll make sure of it"

"Gemma wants to help. She talked to your dad-"

"Charlie" he held me away from him by my shoulders, looking me in the eyes. "I don't want help from Gemma on anything"

"But-"

"No." He raised his brow

He was so stubborn sometimes, but I did not have anymore fight in me. Especially after this mornings events.

I nodded leaning into him again. He kissed the top of my head.

"I need to talk to Ed about something. If I leave will you promise not to call Gemma down here?"

"I wasn't planning to, but why can't I? I know you don't want to be nice but I do" I frowned.

"Please?" He eyed me. "At least don't have her around if I'm not here. Is that asking too much?"