13.

13.

"It's time, bitch." Danni said to me as she spread across Nick's sofa. Nick was currently working so I decided to invite Danni up to Nick's (with his permission) so I wasn't on my own.

Glenn closed the shop today as he went on a road trip to visit his brother. He would be back tomorrow evening and therefore I had two homes to myself.

"Time for what?" I asked as I cleaned Nick's kitchen. I had spent days with Nick and not once had we cleaned and tidied. The place was a pig sty.

"We're going clubbing again."

"When?" I asked again. I hadn't been clubbing since Nick and I had been together, in fact, the last time I went clubbing, Nick was with another girl.

"Tonight!" Danni exclaimed. "I need to get pissed."

"Tonight?"

"Don't do this." Danni moaned. "You've got a boyfriend, I'm proud of you, okay? But do not say no to a night out. You're all I have."

"Dan." I sighed. "I'm coming out, stop moaning." I laughed her way, she decided to laugh with me.

"Will lover boy mind?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. We were in our twenties, we weren't childish. Of course, I knew Nick would worry, especially as he worried so much about us already, however, we didn't have that kind of relationship where we got so protective of each other both of us were not allowed to do anything a part.

"He won't mind." I stated. Danni chuckled.

"Ring him and tell him."

"He won't mind." I repeated.

"He's a sexy, possessive God who has the hots for you, you never know, he might mind." She replied with a smile. I rolled my eyes again.

"Stop stirring shit." I replied with humour dripping from my voice. She laughed again.

"Go on, ring him."

I picked up my phone and dialled Nick's number. The phone rang and I hope he picked up even if he was in work.

Nick picked up the phone after three ring's.

"Cathy." He breathed, his voice sending shivers down my spine. "Are you okay?" His voice sounded worried.

"Yeah, yeah." I waved his worry off. "Danni and I are going out tonight." I stated.

"Where?"

"Clubbing in town." I replied.

"That's okay, love." Nick sighed. "Please, just behave yourself."

"You know me."

"I do and that's why I'm worrying." Nick replied. "But I trust you just like I know you'd trust me."

"Of course."

"I'll be in work all night so I'll be up for you. Make sure you ring me or text me if you need anything." Nick said.

"I will."

"Promise?"

"I promise." I stated.

Nick and I put down the phone after a few more minutes. I turned to look at Danni with a smug smirk on my face.

"You've got yourself a keeper." Danni stated as she let out some air. "I need me a Nick Abel. Sexy police man and let's you out clubbing. You don't see that in a romance novel nowadays days."

"You're so dramatic." I replied as I continued to clean. "We're not seventeen, you know, Nick has past that stage and so have I."

"Still, you're one lucky girl."