Descried

He looked at me with a smile that never seemed to leave his face. His eyes crinkled up, looking back at me with a content expression.

Why are you smiling at me like that? I got water on your uniform, aren't you upset?

"I'm really sorry-"

"It's alright, don't fret." He placed his hand on my shoulder reassuringly before being called over by one of his best friends, Jimin.

"Tae, let's hurry up and get to the cafeteria before class starts."

His hand left me as he turned to face Jimin. I could feel the warmth he shed on my shoulders, unconsciously making me smile. Taehyung turned back to me and waved before following after him.

"Try not to get anyone else wet," he joked as he winked at me.

That simple movement gave me the feeling my heart would leap out of my chest any moment. My cheeks burned under his gaze, even if it was brief. I clutched my jacket closer to me and sauntered over to my locker.

Maybe today wouldn't be so bad after all, I thought.

"Hey Y/N!"

My head sprung up in the direction of the voice.

"O-oh.. hi Risa," I stuttered.

"Don't hi me" She spat. "I saw you talking to Taehyung. Maybe you haven't learned anything from last time." She walked closer and jabbed a threatening finger at me, slightly making me inch back.

"I told you.. Jungkook spoke to me first. I-I was just helping him with a question," I spoke defensively.

"I don't care.. it's not like someone like him would be interested in a nobody like you." Her piercing gaze made me want to recoil. "I'll come find you later, I have better things to do at the moment."

I gulped, feeling like my breakfast would come up as my anxiety increased. There was no way around her.

Letting my feet carry me around the halls, I gripped my bag straps tightly and kept my head low. The floor blurred under my gaze as tears pooled in my eyes.

What made me think today would be different than any other day? I would always be Risa's object of torment, whether I wanted to be or not.

The weak were pushed around, used and stepped on while the others climbed to the top. That's the sad truth about life, and it's unfair.

I effortlessly pushed the classroom door open and walked to my seat in the back, dragging my feet across the floor. I had no motivation to be here in this class, or any other.

Each day was becoming harder to get through, almost as if I was breathing with a hand constantly over my mouth, suffocating me from the clean air I craved for. The air I could only get from a clean start, just not in this life.

Everything the teacher was saying went in one ear and out the other. I was too absorbed in my thoughts to grasp anything remotely useful, equations, formulas and such.

When most of my classes ended, I took my free period and spent it on the rooftop, looking out into the city, until the sound of the heavy metal doors hitting the brick wall jolted me back to reality.

I knew I couldn't hide forever.