Chapter 18

I don't get why the spacing is so huge whenever I put this on wattpad...When it's in Word, it's single spaced.

Anyway, new chapter! Enjoy!!!

Chapter 18

 Flynn’s POV

 I was dreaming about my father.

It was the same dream I always had, the one where he started out happy and loving, the sky would be bright blue and the sun would be shining but all of a sudden, he’d get angry at me for doing something small and the whole dream would change.

It wasn’t bright anymore, the sun was gone and there were dark clouds in the sky. My father’s face was a mask of rage as he looked at me, his eyes blurry and his jaw clenched as he swung his arm towards me, his hand fisted─

“Hey.”

I blinked, hearing something I’d never heard in the dream before: Cory’s voice.

“Flynn?”

I blinked again, confused.

“Tyler? You’re having a bad dream.”

When I felt the brush of her fingers over my cheek, I finally managed to shrug off the last of the dream and this time when I blinked, I focused on her face.

My heart skipped a beat, two, as my eyes connected with hers and I saw the concern there. For me.

“You okay?” she asked softly, her fingers trailing lightly up my cheekbone until they rested at my hairline.

“Yeah,” I said hoarsely, wondering if maybe I was still dreaming.

But when I blinked again, she was still there, her soft, feminine scent surrounding me, making me dizzy, her fingers on my skin making my blood light on fire.

“Do you want to talk about it?” she murmured, her fingers shifting a little further into my hair, brushing lightly until I had to stifle a groan.

“About what?” I ground out.

Her lips twitched. “Still dreaming, Flynn?”

“I’m not sure.”

Her lips stretched again and this time a brief smile flitted across them before she shifted her hand and gripped a small bit of the skin on my neck between two fingers and pinched.

“Did you feel that?” she asked, her eyelids at half mast as she sent me a sleepy smile.

“Yeah.” My heart was thundering so loudly in my chest I was shocked she couldn’t hear it. My arm tightened convulsively when I realized it was wrapped around her waist, her head resting on my other arm. Her hand that wasn’t now sifting into my hair just behind my ear was clutching a handful of my t-shirt in her palm, her long, delicate fingers wrapped around the material like she’d never let it go and I found I was fine with that.