55| Age Shifting

Age Shifting: the ability to accelerate or reverse the aging process.

Double-updated to celebrate Harry's song!!! I literally died and resurrected during the whole 5 mins of that damn song.

That's Cleo right there ^^^^^^ ain't she a cutie :')

Enjoy xx

t.m.

🔮🔮🔮

S.E. // The 7th Supreme

   "Can you tell me about daddy?"

  My heart tightened lightly in my chest as I swallowed thickly at her words. Atticus' gaze met mine, his eyebrows rising a little with his shoulders rising and dropping. I frowned at him, completely unsure of what he was trying to say but I rolled my eyes at him and looked at Cleo. She was hard to resist, her pink lips lowered into a pout as her bright green eyes held hope and curiosity in them.

   "Of course, Cleo," I told her with a smile. A victory grin etched upon her lips as she curled up in my arms and looked up at me with excitement.

  On the outside I seemed calm and ready to tell her about Harry, but on the inside I was full of anxiety because she was just a kid and I didn't know how much I should tell her. I didn't even know what to tell her. She only knew a few things about covens, she didn't know about witch hunters because telling her that there are men out there who kill witches is obviously pretty upsetting for a kid. I just decided to just start slow and go with the flow.

   "Now, what do you wanna know about daddy?" I asked her slowly, making her suck her cheeks in and look up to the left, pondering.

   "What does daddy look like?" she asked with a grin. "Is he-is he pretty? And is he strong? Like, Ralph! In Wreck-It Ralph?" she began rambling in excitement.

   "Your father was the prettiest man I had ever seen," I told her, making her eyes go wide. "He has beautiful, green eyes, just like yours."

   "Really?" she said, cupping her cheeks and widening her eyes.

   "Yes! And long, brown curly hair. Like chocolate swirls," I told her with a grin, making her grin widen.

   "Chocolate swirls!" she repeated with a gasp, making Atticus chuckle behind her at how ecstatic she was.

   "He's very handsome and strong."

   "Did daddy make you happy, mama?" she asked quietly, her words causing something to stir deep inside of me as I reminisced to the happy memories I created with Harry.

  "He did, baby. Very much so," I whispered, feeling myself get a little emotional.

   "Did you love him?" she then asked, gazing at me curiously as I felt myself tear up a little.

   "I loved him so much."

   "Do you still love him?" she pressed on, making me bite my lip, now completely unsure of what to say. So, I said whatever came to mind.

   "I dunno Cleo," I told her honestly, making her frown a little before nodding thoughtfully. Atticus parted his lips to speak, trying to suggest that we go to sleep now but Cleo quickly asked another question. One that she had wanted to ask for quite a while now.

   "Mama, why did daddy leave?" she asked me in a small voice, pouting her lips as I swallowed thickly. "Is it-is it because of me?"

   "Oh baby no," I shook my head, tightening my arms around her and hugging her to me as her eyes filled up with sadness. "Your daddy told me that he loves you more than anything in the world before he left."