Orange Roses

Orange Roses

Bodies light up with desire

like a violent fire 

that blooms in the color of sapphire 

and like a pitiful satire 

we all become the liar 

Prologue: 

Concerning Sight 

The name's Matty Lee and I'm a fifteen year old girl with sight from scars on the right side of my face that travel down the rest of my body. What's sight, you ask? Well, sight is when a human can see a different world. In some stories, this means ghost and dead people, but for me, this means faeries. 

And when I mean faeries, I mean faeries from ancient stories that talk about creatures kidnapping children, eating livers, drowning humans and you know, monsters in general. 

I've been able to see these monsters since I was eight, but unfortunately, faeries have now began taking notice of me since it turns out the sight is rare in the modern era and for some reason, makes Drake and a bunch of other faeries believe that I'm this "Human Prince". This is how I met Drake, also known as The Dragon in Faerie, from the Lunae Lux court and he now protects me. Most of the time, he's in a tiny form where he only stands as tall as a pencil, but he has a human form where he's over six foot and solid muscle with jet black hair and bright pink eyes. 

Thanks to Drake's apparence in my life (a very unwanted one in my life, thank you very much), faeries began following me and this is how, Ruth, a used to be arch enemy of mine, ended up getting sight after a dryad tried to kill her-slash-make her his lover until I met up with the Huli Jing. The Huli Jing is a fox faerie who sucks the life out of men by sleeping with them and she started going after my best friend, Cooper, who's also my first love, and snagged him, taking him to FaerieWorld, so I had to follow with Drake as my partner into his world, his court. 

Turns out, that Cooper was a distraction for Drake, so she could kill the queen of the Lunae Lux Court because she secretly worked for the Nightmare court. Before she killed the queen, she threw Cooper and me into the river that took us to the land of the Nightmare court where we were taken to jail thanks to Unicorn boy. 

As I've said before, I've been able to see faeries since I was eight, so eight year olds were bound to make some friends like, say, a very good looking prince, who now wants me as his wife. This prince is the prince of the Nightmare court, which is lucky for me because he gets me out of jail. However, he wants me as his wife. I'm fifteen. Not good. 

Erasmus let's Cooper out of the prison as long as I play faithful fiance. We come to learn thanks to Unicorn boy, that there's a WishMaker, which means that a faerie that can make any wish, is going to be shown off at a banquet that is supposed to get us out of this place. 

We do get out of this place and I try to go find Drake back at his court only to find that he doesn't want to come back to my world, the human world. 

We went back home with Unicorn boy and Daisy as my new companions and Cooper scarred from his experience and wanting nothing to do with me. We were gone for three days and Ruth got us out of trouble by saying that I went after Cooper who ran off with a lover or something like that. 

Drake came back in the end. 

He might be a pain in the butt, but he's mine. 

So, now that I made it through my freshmen year and trying to get through the summer without a hitch, without any faeries. 

Yeah, I know I'm just dreaming. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

The first chapter will either be up by tonight or tomorrow at the most, but things in college are crazy at the moment.