moving in

cross-posted on vka

Taehyung was excited until he stood next to Jungkook, looking at the truck filled with boxes of different sizes. Though, the boxes weren't that many, Taehyung's energy just disappeared at the sight. "Jesus Christ, and we need to get all that inside?" He asked, both to himself, but also for his boyfriend to hear.

As Jungkook opened his mouth to answer, his brother exited the truck, walking over to them. From the beginning, the plan was that Taehyung's and Jungkook's parents would help them with their move but when something else came up, Jungkook's brother stepped in, as well as his father who was still able to help. "Let's get started, we'll be done sooner."

At Jungkook's brother's, Junghyun's, words, all four of them started putting the boxes inside, some of them in their "assigned" rooms. The apartment wasn't very big, but enough for Taehyung and Jungkook who had been searching for an apartment to live in for over a year. This was more than enough for them right now.

Of course, getting all boxes inside and eventually starting to unpack some of them took a few hours, almost the whole day. When it had gotten dark outside and the clock had passe 7 PM, Jungkook's brother and father had left, both of them felt like sleeping. The whole week had been filled with preparations for this day. They had been packing the last things, cleaned the apartment "they" had lived in. In fact, it had been Taehyung's apartment but Jungkook had practically moved in there within the years of them being together.

Though, some of their furniture wouldn't arrive until a week later, so there Jungkook was, sitting on the floor of the room they would soon be able to call a bedroom, laying out a mattress on the floor and putting pillows on it, as well as a few blankets. They didn't have proper bedding yet, because of course that was one of the few things they just had to forget back at the old apartment. Therefore, Jungkook tried his best to make their temporary bed as comfortable as possible.

After putting the most necessary things in the bathroom, such as towels and toothbrushes, Taehyung sighed. All day, he felt like lying down in a comfortable bed with Jungkook and just cuddle the hell out of the younger and give him never-ending kisses all over, but they never had the time to take a break since they just wanted to be done quickly.

Let's just also mention that there had been moments the older of the two just wanted to pin the younger against the wall and take him right then and there. But both of them were too tired for that now, how could someone still look hot while carrying boxes?

Realising he was getting lost in his thoughts, Taehyung quickly walked out of the bathroom and then into the bedroom, smiling at the sight of the younger sitting on the mattress, a box in front of him and some random things spread out on the floor next to him, fiddling with something looking like a phone case in his hands.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asked, taking a seat next to the brunette who yawned, turning his head to face the older with sleepy eyes. "Just...I don't know, I made this mattress look like some kind of bed and then I saw this box in the corner. We brought so many stupid things, look at this, it's broken," Jungkook said as he showed the phone case to Taehyung. And it was indeed broken, it didn't look like it would even be able to stick to your phone.

A single lamp in the room was on, on the floor next to the mattress, and it gave the almost empty space a very warm feeling. Sure, the moon was shining outside and since they hadn't put up curtains yet, the light from it brightened the room just a tiny bit.

A soft chuckle left Taehyung's lips as he looked at the phone case Jungkook had given him, before he put it back in the box and put an arm around the younger's waist, leaning into his ear. "Can you believe we live here now?" He whispered, a wide smile on his face, then he gave the brunette a light kiss on his cheek, noticing the smile on his lips too.

Jungkook looked at him, eyes meeting. "Yeah, this is our home," the younger giggled excitedly before wrapping both arms around Taehyung's neck, leaning a bit before pausing in his motion for a split second to whisper: "I love you," his breath hitting Taehyung's lips. But before the older got to answer, he felt a pair of lips press against his own, and the very familiar feeling made him close his eyes out of habit, arms moving wrap loosely around the younger's waist.

Almost sitting in each other's laps, they pulled away, smiling happily.

Taehyung put his hands on the younger's hips, kissing him quickly on the tip of nose before responding to the younger's previous words. "I love you too."