Prologue

Harry Styles had a life that many wanted.

He was filthy rich, had perfect grades, loads of friends, and was dating a model.

Teachers always praised him, other students practically worshiped the ground he walked on.

They all found him to be so sweet, and caring.

The type of person you wanted to be friends with.

The one always smiling, the one you could always depend on.

It was very rare to find someone who didn't like Harry.

Well, unless you talked to Zayn Malik.

Zayn felt like he was the only one who saw Harry for what he really was.

An ignorant liar, and an attention whore.

His whole personality was nothing but an act that everyone fell for.

He got a round of applause and hugs for making it to class one rainy morning after his $162,900 Audi R8 slid off the road.

He hadn't even hit anything, just slid off the road.

Yet he came in out of breath and 'feeling faint' from the accident.

Meanwhile Zayn was sitting in the back of the classroom damp from waiting for the bus. 

Harry also often felt the need to remind everyone that he struggled with anxiety attacks, and always seemed to be recovering from his last one.

Some days he would claim to be depressed, adding a little pout or some fake tears to get attention.

That had to be what infuriated Zayn the most.

It was obvious Harry was faking.

Pretending to have those problems just to get attention or get out of something.

Zayn knew what an anxiety attack felt like.

Zayn fought depression every day.

He knew what it was like to feel like his emotions were in control, not him.

Sunshine one minute, no hope the next.

Seeing beauty in things one minute, feeling disgusted by them all the next.

Being able to breathe a second ago, then feeling like he was drowning.

It was hell, and Zayn wouldn't wish it on anyone.

That shallow spoiled brat didn't have a clue, yet pretended to have mental illnesses just for attention. 

Zayn couldn't stand Harry.

He seemed to be the only one that saw through him and had him figured out, and it drove him crazy.

But that was just it.

Zayn didn't have Harry figured out.

And with one failing grade and a ridiculous assignment, his whole perspective was changed.

××××××××××××××
A/N: This sounds unbelievably cliche, and I'm sure it will be kind of cliche. But, there's a much deeper message I plan to put into this, and I hope it reaches at least one person. Plus, I'm putting a lot of my own feelings into this as a way to vent, so expect plenty of raw emotion. (Good and bad)

Warnings:

- There will be very triggering material, some parts more than others.

- Smut

- Drugs

- Larry

- Mild Ziall

- Why does this sound like a recipe now

- I think that's all

- Thoughts?

P.s.- The seemingly random bold words aren't random.

****I do not allow translations of this story or any others of mine***

- Zaydrian