Chapter 32 : Ouch

AMANDA'S POV

Waking up to the phone's flashlight I closed my eyes again instinctively. My neck choked due to inefficient air in the trunk. I took a deep breath when I spotted Mr. Reynolds. Tears started to make way from my eyes through my cheeks.

He quickly loosened the knot of the handkerchief which rested on my lips. I parted my lips and took the air in through it. I felt choked and helpless.

Like a baby, he slowly and softly removed me from the trunk of the car. He instinctively released my hands which were tightly gripped by the rope. Scars were clearly visible on my wrists.

I straightened my legs as they were curled up inside. It pained, it pained so much. I couldn't explain. He tucked away from the hair which rested on my forehead, I pushed my head on his chest as I settled myself in him. I closed my eyes whilst he moved his hands through my hair as he pulled me closer. I could hear his heart-beats, they kind of assured me that I was safe now.

I wept as I wasn't able to possess control over my emotions. In his arms, I felt peace. I sighed as he caressed my back continuously. I didn't pull away, I stayed that way. In his arms, I felt secure. He tucked my baby-hair behind my ears again as he examined my wrecked face. He didn't say anything, neither did I.

His gaze rested on my shoulder which had a cut, I tried to hide it with my hand as it looked vulnerable. The blood which surrounded the area almost dried, covering the wound with his coat he gently stroked my chin. "You okay ?", he finally broke the silence.

"Mmhmm ", I nodded whilst smiling and crying at the same time. My body pained and so did the cut on my shoulder. I pulled him closer again and wrapped my hands around his neck, he hugged me back. I didn't intend to pull away but I did in a while, he stayed still.

When his attention settled on the handkerchief which lip sealed me, he picked it up instinctively. It had a message, Oh my lord. James was definitely playing a dirty game with us. It read "Just a trailer "

Later, I realized the fact that the car was of no one but Mr. Reynolds. He buried me in the trunk of Mr. Reynolds's car. What even was playing in his mind, I didn't have any idea about it.

"How did you know I was here ", I interrogated as Mr. Reynolds examined the handkerchief.

"There was a small note on the name-plate of the car. It read 'save her before she dies out of exhaustion ' ", he showed me the note. "I really had an opinion that you left the party and made yourself comfortable at the hotel so I didn't really come looking for you "

I caressed my shoulder as the wound pained "Someone just shoved me away from the club", I wiped off the tears which blurred my vision. I couldn't stop but rethink the whole scenario again and again.

"He definitely has something dirty planned ", after giving me his hand, he helped me walk till the back seat. Did he just allow me to sit on the back seat ? "lie down here, we'll get your wounds diagnosed once we reach the hotel "

"Okay ", I laid on the seat while he drove. The rest of the ride was silent, the only voices which were audible were of the innumerable horns.

On stopping the car he unlocked the car's door. My legs shivered while I walk so I took shelter from Mr. Reynolds's shoulders. Curling my arms through his neck I felt at ease. He walked us to our room and helped me lay on the bed.

He quickly called the room service through the hotel's telephone. "Hey can you help me with a doctor's number ", he noted down the number using a pen and inscribed it on his palm.

Within moments, an old man entered our room. His shirt was surrounded by a white overcoat and round spectacles rested on his nose. His appearance could easily denote the fact of him being a doctor.