Chapter 10: Conflicted

Annoyed.

Thats how Jin was feeling as he stood within the kitchen, chopping away at a couple of carrots for the morning meal he was making

Thats how Jin was feeling as he stood within the kitchen, chopping away at a couple of carrots for the morning meal he was making. Laughter from 'that woman' could be heard from the living room. He honestly had no idea what to feel about the situation.

Eunah. Was she Namjoon's ex? Or maybe the one he had proclaimed he was inlove with on that particular night? When they had first encountered one another, Namjoon had called him Eunah and looking at the young woman first hand, there was no denying it.

They looked almost identical.

Was that why Namjoon had been so nice to him this whole time? Why he had kissed him so desperately last night?! Because he looked like this Eunah chick?! And what was that name she had called him? Geonwu. What was that some sort of nickname?! Jin hadn't noticed that he had pretty much minced up the carrots to oblivion at this point.

Namjoon didn't understand. Upon meeting Jin, he was positive that his love from the past had been reborn as a man. And yet here he was looking at the face of the woman he had once loved. And she was obviously female. He would have had his doubts if it wasnt for the fact that she had also seemed to share his memories of their lives in Ancient Silla.

Earlier, she had hugged him for a very long time and once she had let him go, his mother had called right on cue. Apparently Mrs. Kim had went to go see the matchmaker without him and had enrolled him in to find a female suitor.

"I got a call the next day from Mi-rae. She was desperate to meet you and didnt want to set up a date", his mother explained. "Shes quite beautiful. She looks a lot like your friend, Jin which is a plus since I thought I'd never find a girl as pretty as he is..."

Darn his mother. Ironic. He had specifically told her that he didn't want to meet with a matchmaker nor any female suitors. Yet it was through that ridiculous system that he was able to meet his Eunah...right? He should be happy but something just didn't feel right....

"Geonw-er sorry, Namjoon? Are you listening?"

Namjoon quickly snapped out of his thoughts and leaned back on the couch. "Oh sorry. Im just still in shock. Where have you been all this time?"

"Well I was born in Daejeon as Go Mi-Rae. My father worked as a Surgeon and my mother, a respiratory therapist." Mi-Rae sat down on the couch next to him, a wide grin on her face. "I spent the longest time waiting to meet you...Our time together in Silla was so short lived....I missed you so much..." She reached out to touch his hand but Namjoon had subconsciously pulled back, surprising both he and the young woman.

"Namjoon?"

He just couldn't wrap his head around it. Why was he so hesitant? Flashbacks of last night played in his head and he immediately felt a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. Had he been wrong this whole time? Had he been drawn to Jin just because of how much he looked like Eunah? He was so conflicted.