Thirster 2467: 15.

Marilyn outstretches her legs because of how sore they were. She didn't really realize where she was until she felt her head resting on the cold ground. She snaps her eyes open and a bright light is stopping her from checking where she is.

When her eyes dilate she lifts her body up from resting and her jaw drops when she knows exactly where she is. She's locked up in a white box just like the vampires are.

She looks around in fear, standing up and staring through the glass window. No scientists are watching her... she doesn't even know what time it is.

There is a chair in the center of the box and dried blood from where she was laying. Suddenly Marilyn remembers everything and and runs her fingers over her neck. She thought she was going to die when that vampire bit her. Pierce saved her and didn't leave her side.

There's a bandage taped over her wound. The scientists cleaned the wound up before making the decision of locking her in the box. Dr. Sammis said it was for the best. Just because Marilyn was the cause of all the dead scientists in the room where most of the vampires were suppose to die.

Yet more humans did and some vampires were lucky enough to even escape the Area. They had to put the whole underground building on lock down to check every hall and room if there was any vampires lurking. Many soldiers lost their lives too so they're low on defense.

Marilyn turns her head to the side and next to her in another box is Thirster 2467. Both of their boxes are connected to each other so he seems so close yet so far from the thin bullet proof glass between them.

"Pierce!" She shouts in joy because he's not dead. She rushes to the wall and kneels down. She presses her dirty hand against the glass and looks at him. "Pierce." She calls out softer to the vampire that isn't showing the same emotion as her.

Pierce is sitting on the floor and staring at the ground ahead of him. He didn't really think of anything. He remembers the soldiers weakening him and dragging him through the hallways. Beside him was an unconscious Marilyn being held in the arms of another soldier. He wanted to use every inch of her energy to free himself and escape with her. 

But he couldn't and now he's sitting in another box with his own messy thoughts.

"Pierce there was a reason why I opened that door. For you to escape and have freedom. The freedom you haven't had during the times in here. I did it for you." Marilyn starts to say but he still sits there like a statue. "I know you can hear me, this has holes for air and communication." She looks at the corners and there's multiple of little circular holes.

"Pierce I'm sorry." Marilyn finally whispers after letting a fog of silence surround them. She slides off from resting on her knees and sits on the ground. She pulls her hand off the glass and sighs in sadness. There's an utter pit in her stomach because the vampire isn't talking to her. 

When Pierce hears her apology his ears move to the sweet lilac voice of the human. He lifts his head up and stares ahead of the glass window where he usually sees scientists test on him. He hears Marilyn sniffle as if she's ready to cry. 

"Don't cry Marilyn." Pierce's raspy voice starts and Marilyn looks up in shock. She wipes the tears that scroll down her cheeks with one swipe of her hand. "It makes you vulnerable." He stats without any emotion in his voice. 

Marilyn is a bit taken aback as what he says. Just because she's crying doesn't mean that she's weak. She's sad and emotional and needs to let it out so crying is her solution. She closes her mouth that was agape from his words and grows furious. 

"What- you're telling me this because you don't cry? Because you're a monster who doesn't care and is unable to cry? This is an emotion that expresses feelings, it shows humanity. It shows that you're human. Something you're not." She spits out with rage, her box exploding back with echos of her voice. 

Pierce licks his lips at her words and runs his nails against his thighs. He's not angry at her. He knows that she's right but for some reason he wants to explain to her that it wasn't his decision to become this bloodthirsty monster. Even if he tries he can't act or be the same as he was human. His humanity is long gone from the years of not being around things that make him feel soulful. Around humans. 

And these humans in this Area makes him rage and show more hate against them. But Marilyn came along and she is changing his opinion on humans. Well, not all humans... only her. He can't just stop feeding on them just to make her happy. That's what his kind does to survive. It's just how humans kill most animals to survive. Vampires have to do the same.   

Marilyn calms her breathing and looks back down in sadness. She feels guilty because of what she said. She was gaining Pierce trust and because of the situation they're in, it can just blow up in her face. 

"I'm just scared. I don't know why I'm in here and it's terrifying me. I've never been this scared in my whole life because I don't know what they're going to do to me." She softly says and Pierce slowly nods, taking that as an apology of being angry. 

"I-" When Pierce felt secure at the time to talk he is suddenly cut off from screaming. He hastily gets up with vampire speed and looks around in alarm.

He soon realized that Marilyn was screaming in brutal agony. She was curled up in a ball on the ground while viciously clenching her ankle. Pierce didn't know what was going on until he see's the large doors open and scientists with glasses walk in. 

"This is what we're going to do to you!" He looks up to the window where he sees Dr. Sammis standing there with a remote in his hand. He's turning the knob higher, raising the amount of volt to use on Marilyn. The volt is shocking her in ruthless pain to the point she is begging them to stop. Some scientists are staring at her through her or Pierce's window. There's an electric shock band around her ankle Marilyn didn't realize was there when she woke up. 

They put it there when they were cleaning her wound on her neck in the hospital section of the underground Area. They put it there because there is no other torture they can put upon a human. Everything else they have are for vampires who can easily heal and not die. If they used it on Marilyn she would instantly die.

"Please stop!" She cries as Dr. Sammis's smirk raises on his lips. Pierce grows furious, feeling his fangs lengthen. He runs to the window and bangs on it, startling Dr. Sammis. He bangs on it a couple of times, hissing in fury. 

"Stop hurting her!" Pierce screams at the top of his lungs to the point that his throat burns. His face grew red and veins popped vigorously on his forehead and neck.  

After he screamed a soldier opened his box from atop and shots him. He groans when the bullet flies through his back. He gasps before rolling his eyes back in pain and falling onto the ground. Dr. Sammis halts the soldier to a stop and ends the pain he was giving Marilyn.

He walks closer to the window and looks down at the weak vampire looking back at him with angry eyes. 

"And so he speaks." A sinful smile runs across his lips.

~~~~

Man I hate this Sammis dude ://

Haha another update!!

I'm doing great with my knee! I got my stitches out today and will be able to get off my crutches by the end of this week.

vote

comment 

follow me :)