5| Humza's Wrath

H U M Z A' S W R A T H

W O R D C O U N T: 1700

I was woken by the sound of Azaan, the call to prayer

I was woken by the sound of Azaan, the call to prayer. It echoed accross every corner in the house. The peace and calmness that splurged, was soothing me. It reminded me that I still had ALLAH by my side and that was more than enough for me.

Sighing softly, I folded the prayer mat as I placed it on the shining black nightstand. Now that I look around, I can see that the room I stayed in is triple the size of my old room. The room consisted of a queen sized round bed. I didn't even know that a bed like this could exist in reality. I wouldn't lie but I slept peacefully despite the horrible noises that continued to come from the room beside mine. Anyway, there was a small chandelier at one corner that had illuminated the whole room last night allowing me a peaceful sleep.

There was a nightstand beside the bed, a 3 door wardrobe which was completely empty right now. There was a dressing table in my right hand side as well.

After I was done reading a juz of quran, I decided to take a shower and get changed as I had heard that Rafia aunty and Bashar uncle would be visiting us.

I had wrapped around my scarf tightly. It was of rose pink colour and it matched with my dress perfectly.

I made my way down to the hall not before glancing at the door beside my room. It was slightly open and I peeked in to have a look. I don't even know why I did it.

All I could see was a girl whose bare back faced me. Half of her body was covered with the duvet and that I was thankful for. She was sleeping peacefully in the bed. I noticed her bed didn't have a round shape, instead it was more of a square. But Humza was nowhere inside. I peeked in more but there was nobody.

Hence, I cascaded down the spiral staircase that led me to the humongous hall which was very beautiful and full of things I had only seen in 7 star hotels. Not that I visited any, I had just googled it once. I searched for the kitchen and found it soon.

I guess nobody here was awake and it was a good thing. I didn't even want to face the monster, let alone see his face.

I opened the fridge to see if there was anything I could have. There were a lot of things but I chose to have a glass of milk. I wasn't sure if I could eat the chicken or the fried rice that was stored in.

I was pouring the milk from the bottle into the glass when I heard heavy footsteps from behind me. I looked around to find a man walking half naked into the kitchen. Humza walked in wearing only his lower. He was quite handsome for a man of such field. He had a chiseled jaw. His features were striking. His eyes always glistened Like that of a baby. They were of almond​ shape and to top it all he had a button like nose. He had thin lips. His hair was disheveled and his body was covered in sweat.