June 27

"Five.. Four.." Her friends started counting and Lauren's head shot up as they all turned around to face her, a giant plate of what from where Lauren was sitting, looked like brownies stacked up neatly with nineteen birthday candles poked into them. "Three.. Two.. One.."

The clock struck midnight. Lauren was officially nineteen years old, sitting in a clearing next to a campfire, in the middle of the woods while her friends who's systems were filled with the just the right combination of alcohol and weed, sang her a sloppy rendition of Happy Birthday.

"Make a wish," Camila whispered as they all came to stop in front of her, Ally holding out the plate, while the candles burned brightly and Lauren looked up at her friends who's smiles were warm and loving and took a breath, eyes closed as she leaned forward.

"I wish," Lauren said out loud, the rest of her thought finished in her head. "I wish for Camz to learn how to be happy, I wish that I will always be able to keep her feet on the ground." Lauren opened her eyes and smiled back at her friends, all the candles had been blown out with one long stream of hot air and Camila let out a small giggle, causing Lauren to quirk her brow in suspicion.

"They're pot brownies," Camila laughed and Lauren threw her head back and laughed along with her as Dinah handed them each a paper plate with rainbow coloured balloons printed on them and Hannah divided the brownies amongst the six.

The girls all returned to their seats around the campfire, as they munched away on the brownies, while listening to the sounds of the campfire crackling away in front of them. Hannah throwing on more wood as the flames lessened and Ally making sure everyone's drinks were full. Lauren disappeared into the tent, her long sleeve shirt no longer providing her with warmth and when she stepped out in an oversized sweater Normani let out a laugh.

"You're drowning in that thing, Laur," she said nodding towards the big sweater.

Lauren just shrugged and made her way back over to the log, settling herself down next to Camila. "I like when my clothes is big on me," she said causing Normani and Camila to look at her as though she had spoken another language.

"When your clothes are big on you," Normani corrected, Dinah gasping as she realized someone finally had gotten the chance to correct Lauren on her grammar for once, instead of the other way around. 

Lauren scrunched up her face and shook her head, "No, clothes is big on you."

"Clothes are," Camila giggled. "Clothes is a plural," she said shrugging her shoulders while Lauren's mouth fell open, shocked that Camila was agreeing with Normani instead of her, especially on her birthday.

Lauren let out a sigh and sipped on her drink, "No." Shaking her head once more, Lauren set down her drink, "Not necessarily, because clothes is a singular thing that encompasses-"

Camila was arguing back and all Lauren heard was, "A plural." 

Lauren continued her thought ignoring Camila as she looked at Normani, "Like a family, it's the same thing."

"But you're not gonna say-" Camila started to argue back, feeling the effects of her high, but Lauren interrupted her. 

"I'm gonna look it up," she said pulling out her phone. 

"You know what," Camila let out a laugh and nudged Lauren as she pulled out her own phone, looking to see that her battery was dying and praying it would keep it's charge long enough for her to prove Lauren wrong. "I'm gonna look it up faster, let's settle this with the old typing skills."

"What's happening over here?" Hannah asked as she put another piece of wood in the fire and sat back down across from Lauren and Camila. 

"I said I love when my clothes is big on me," Lauren mumbled as her fingers typed furiously on her phone.