~Bumper Johnson (a different world)• You're Not my kind of girl

You sat in the bleachers as your schoolmates all cheered on the basketball team.

It was senior night so this game was very important for the school to win. Jordan had the ball and dribbled up the court as he held out his hand with 4 fingers.

The team quickly got into formation and Bumper ran to set up a pick. Once Jordan crossed to the other side of the court, Bumper ran past him and drove the ball in for a layup.

The crowd cheered once again while you sat there feeling numb. You found out some heartbreaking news earlier that day.

The week prior you and him called it quits, well he did and with no explanation.

You tried to get in contact with him but he was constantly dodging you.

You made your way down the bleachers towards the court to talk to him.

You pushed past the girls crowding him and tapped his shoulder.

He turned around with a smile and it slowly left his face. He looked at you shocked in a way.

"Hey B can we talk" you asked him and the girls around you scoffed when he agreed.

You both quietly walked towards the park and sat on a bench.

It was late at night so the crickets and were making noises filling the silence the two of you left.

"So....y/n how have you been" he asked looking at you.

You shook you head and looked at him.

"Don't act like you care. I just wanted to ask you questions.....for closure" you spoke.

"Well shoot then" he said leaning back on the bench.

"I just want to know why. Was I not supporting you and your dreams enough? Like why just end things like that" you asked looking at the trees as they whistled in the wind.

"Y/n I honestly don't know why. I'm just not ready for this" he said looking in the same direction as you.

It was quiet as he continued.

"It may sound dumb but this is the honest truth. I'm not ready for something as serious as you were. You are wife material and I'm not gonna sit here and drag you through hell because I'm not ready to settle down.....hell I may never be" he spoke turning to look at you.

He grabbed your face and made you look at him.

"I'm sorry y/n but your not my kind of girl, you're the kind of girl that a mans dreams are made of, that a man would be proud to call his own even.....and I can't hold you back from that because I know I won't be able to be faithful to you. I respect you too much to put you through that pain.

He spoke softly as he kissed your forehead and walked away.

You sat on the bench for a while taking in everything he said to you before someone sat next to you.

"He never deserved you y/n" your best friend said as she pulled you to her chest and rubbed your back as you bawled your eyes out.

"It's ok baby girl this is just a growing pain you'll get over it in due time mamas I promise" she spoke as you continue to cry.

______________________________

Double update.... I'm on a roll G🙂