~Shawn Wayans• Never Love You

Y'all drag tf outta this man 💀💀
Here's some angst for y'all. Might do a part 2 (probably not)
Shawn as himself but not famous
You as Brittany
****
The couple sat across from each other at the dining room table. The news that was just shared made the atmosphere thick. Shawn clenched and unclenched his jaw as his hand danced around the marble table.

"This is really what you want, Brittany?" He cleared his throat, fixing his posture.

" I'm tired, Shawn. We haven't been happy with each other for a while." He could admit they were arguing a lot more but it was a rough patch. At least that's what he thought, he didn't expect this.

"So someone been in your ear telling you this, US, ain't worth fighting for? We have a family, Brittany." He slammed a hand on the table.

"I need to try and make it out here on my own. Nobody is telling me anything except myself. I need to do this."

Years of hard work, love, and devotion to building a family. One that he had always dreamed of going down the fucking drain.

Standing up he looked for some relief from his aching body. He just got home from working a double at the shop to save up for the damn trip she had been begging him about taking her and the kids on.

"This is what you want?" She refused to look at him but nodded.

"It's what I need. I'm sorry but I just don't think this is working out for us, for me. Not anymore."

"I can't tell you how to feel. But I can assure you that you won't ever find another nigga like me."

He made his way to their shared bedroom and grabbed her bags that were packed carrying them to the front door.

"You can go. Our kids are staying with me until you have somewhere to stay. I won't stop you." He scoffed after she went to kiss the twins. She never had to provide for herself before so he knew she would take a while to get to where she needed to be for herself and the kids.

Nobody would love her the way he did. Body would ever treat her like the lady she is. They had spent years together an d even before then they had grown up together. Shawn saw her at her lowest points and was always there to pick her up. He knew things about Brittany that no other soul did. He knows her mind, body, her soul and touched places that others would probably never reach. No other man would ever make you feel the way he did.

********

Walking out of the twins room, Brittany made her way to the front door where the man she had a life with stood, leaning against a wall.

"You sure this is what you want? You really think the grass is greener on the other side, huh?"

"I need to go, Shawn. I have to try on my own." She finally looked into his eyes, seeing the mix of emotions.

Anger, betrayal, disappointment, and devastation flashed over him within seconds and she instantly put her head down. Not wanting to deal with her feelings just yet. She was terrified of what was to come. Moving back into her mother's home until she had enough to be on her own officially. She loved her family but truthfully she needed to finally be on her own, to provide for her and her kids.

It kept her up at night as she thought about it. She was depending on Shawn for everything, the same thing her mother had done time and time again. Being left to try and figure things out for her and her children, instead she would jump to the next man. Thus creating a never-ending cycle that trickled down to her 2 kids.

He leaned down to kiss her forehead, his arms around her.

"Nobody will love you the way I do. I'll let you go run the streets but I know you'll be back." He opened the door for her.

"Call when you want to see the kids." He said before slamming the front door, heading for a beer.

"She'll be back."