~Larenz Tate• I got you

Y/n pov

"I still don't see why you're trippin Larenz" you spoke holding in a laugh as your best friend drove you home from work.

He'd been acting all mad and protective since he pulled up and saw you talking to a man you worked with.

"He just seemed kinda iffy y/n. I'm just saying" he said in a nonchalant tone.

"Whatever Renz. Him and I got a date so if we still on for lunch can we get fast food?" I asked looking down at my nail.

It was quiet before he spoke up "yeah that's coo with me"

The rest of the ride was quiet as you pulled up to Fatburger. He let you order before getting a drink for himself. 

"You got time to chill out here with me or you wanna go home" he asked grabbing the food. He smiled at the lady in the window as she handed him the receipt with her phone number on it.

"Uhhh yeah just take me home please" you said as he shrugged. He pulled up to your house and came to open your door. You both walked inside of the house and saw your grandpa along with your little brother.

"Hey y'all I got a date tonight so I'm gonna get dressed" you spoke hugging your grandfather and brother.

"Renz come see me before you leave" you spoke walking to your room.

You were getting out of the shower when you saw larenz laying in your bed waiting for you.

"Aye I'm bout to bounce the homies wanna go to this lil kickback. See you tomorrow" he said not even looking in your direction as he left the room.

Rolling your eyes you made it a mental note to talk to him later on.

________________

You were 30 minutes into your date it was horrible.

He had picked you up late and when you got to the car his friends were sitting in the back drinking 40s.

Then he switched up tonight's plans. Instead of going to a romantic dinner you all ended at a house party.

Usually you would've left a soon as you saw the boys in the back seat but you refused to waste such a cute outfit.

Hell you might even find yourself a new date while there.

You stood near a wall as you sipped on the freshly opened bottle of alcohol.

Looking around the party you couldn't help the bored expression that was etched onto your face. This date was a drag.

You had walked off from your date about 10 minutes ago because he wasn't showing you any attention.

Just as you were about to move to a different area you felt strong hands touch your waist.

Quickly turning around you rolled your eyes as the date you came here with, Trey, stood before you with a sympathetic smile.

"Can we talk?" He asked in your ear over the loud music.

You had nothing better to do at the party but you were definitely going to find something better to do than listen to his bull.

"I rather not" you responded about to walk away but once again he grabbed you but slightly tighter.

"Aye y/n c'mon don't be like that I'm trying to apologize" he said with a sly grin thinking he was winning you over.

"Mmmm nope not gonna happen. Thanks for the ride to the party though" you spoke turning on your heels.

"Well fuck you then bitch" he yelled causing you to stop and for people in that area to turn and look.

"Oh sweetie you called the right one a bitch." You spoke turning around and removing your shoes about to let him have it.

As you got closer to him the more obscenities were shared between you two. When he was in arms reach you reached over to put a hand in his face.

"Bitch if you put your hands on me I promise you"he said getting in your face.

"What you gonna do nigga" you heard a voice say. You turned to see Larenz and his boys standing behind you.

"Man this ain't got shit to do with you so back up aight" Trey, your date spoke looking at them with a mug.

"Nah this got everything to do with me when it involves her. She wit' me and if she got a problem so do I nigga. So I suggest you fall the fuck back and go on wit' ya night" he said reaching for his hip.

Trey looked at you and shook his head "fuck y'all man" he said before walking away

Larenz grabbed you and whispered "I told you that nigga was iffy didn't I" you looked at him as his face held a knowing smile.

"Whatever 'renz but thank you for helping me." You replied hugging him.

"That's what I'm here for baby you know I always got you" he said as you two still embraced each other.

Where would you be without your best friend?