~Denzel Washington• Meet & Greet

"Girl I can't wait to see what they cooked" Isabella spoke as she pulled up to her aunt's house.

She had invited her best friend, Natalie, to the family event. Nat didn't have much family so this was something she was low key excited for.

They hopped out of the car and made their way to the front door.

"Ok Nat, remember what I told you. My Aunt Joan has a mustache but please don't stare. She's sensitive and whatever Uncle Ronnie says is a lie. And stay away from-"

"Cousin Steve" Nat cut her off.

"My girl! I knew you were smart!" She joked making them laugh.

The door swung open making them both turn their head forward.

"Lil sis!!" Her older brother spoke loudly pulling her into a hug. She sucked her teeth as he roughed her up a bit.

"Come on Isaiah. Stooop!" She wined before he finally let her go.

"And Natalie, it's good to see you again baby." He licked his lips and gently hugged her and kissed her cheek.

You laughed and pulled away. He looked you up and down and turned back to his sister.

"Daddy is inside and Uncle D is here. Better get inside before the banana pudding is gone too." He left them at the door and headed back to his  food.

The girls walked into the home and Isabella introduced Natalie to her family. Things were going good for Natalie and she was enjoying the energy around her.

You found yourself back at the food table getting another plate. It had been a while since the college student had gotten a home cooked meal.

"I don't think I've seen you here before." A voice stated beside you. Looking to your right, you saw a wedding band. As Natalie's eyes traveled upwards she almost dropped her plate. Isabella was related to Denzel Washington?

"I'm a friend of Isabella. This is my first time coming around." You held out your hand to shake.

"I'm a family friend. Call me D." He shook her hand and looked her in the eye. He smiled a little as his grip loosened but never left your hand. He was about to speak again until his eyes shot to the figure moving towards them. He quickly let her hand go.

"Nat, what's taking you so long girl? We're about to go outside for a- oh hey Uncle D!" Isabella spoke and hugged the man.

"Hey sweetheart. I was just introducing myself to your friend.." he trailed off not knowing your name.

"Natalie" you responded.

"Natalie." He repeated as he kept his arm around his niece's shoulders.

"I thought I did that already. I'm sorry. Unc, this is my best friend and roommate Natalie Hughes. Nat this is a close family friend, Denzel Washington, aka Uncle D.

You held in the fan girl moment and cleared your throat. With a smile you nodded your head.

"Unc, she's majoring in film. Maybe you can hook her up with a nice internship for the summer" Isabella started to work her charm as usual.

"That could be arranged. Tell you what, you find me later and we'll talk about what I can do for you. Ok?" He spoke with a smile.

"Yes sir. That would be amazing. Thank you!"

"It's not a problem, sweetheart. I'll talk to you later, 'Bella. I need in on this next spades game Jack!" He said loudly as he walked back to the table with his plate.

"You never told me Denzel Washington was your uncle!" You spoke still in shock.

"Ehh. I didn't see the need to. He's your regular favorite uncle. Just rolling in a little more paper than usual" she joked.

Natalie snuck a glance back at the celebrity as she was dragged outside by her bestie for a "cousin's walk"

"And he's fine as hell" you thought, to yourself of course.