||Chapter 29||

Natalie
I woke up to an awful headache. My whole body was in pain and my shoulder felt numb.
I didn't want to open my eyes just yet.

I remembered everything that happened.
Oliver. Damon. Gunshot.
I was shot!
I was fucking shot!
This fucking prick!

I opened my eyes slowly and greeted the sharp daylight.
I closed my eyes forcefully again, trying to figure out what was happening.
Where am I?
I opened my eyes slowly again and let them adjust to the sunlight.

I noticed that I laid in a brightly white bed.
The room was big, it had two more beds opposite me but they were neatly done and unused.

There was a huge window to my right, the bright sunlight shining through.
I looked to my left and widened my eyes.
I noticed that my shoulder was full of bandages and my arms full of needles and tubes.

The heart monitor beeping steadily next to me.
I sighed.
I noticed the huge comfortable armchair, and someone snoring in it.
I looked over the 'get well soon' balloons and noticed a very handsome Damon in the armchair.
I smiled.
But then, it hit me like a truck.

****
Fine. I did it." Damon said coldly and harshly.
"I killed her." He added, making tears stream down my cheeks.
There were a few moments of silence until Oliver bursted out crying.
"Murderer." Oliver whispered hatefully.
****

My heart began to race faster and faster and I felt fear. Fear towards the man I knew nothing about, sleeping silently next to me.

I started breathing heavily and my vision was blurry.
I needed to get out.
I needed to run.
I was about to rip the needles out of my arm when someone's strong hands grabbed my hands and held them tightly.
I dared not to look up.
"Natalie?! Natalie, you're awake!" I heard his cheerful voice. He sounded so happy I thought he was gonna hug me, but of course, he's Damon Queen.

I looked everywhere but not at him.
He let go of one of my hands and cupped my cheek, making me look up.

Just as he caught my eyes, a tear slid down my cheek.
I looked at him in fear and he wiped the tear away with his thumb. He looked at me and frowned.

"Natalie... what's wrong?" He asked with concern in his voice.
I sat there paralyzed and the only thing going through my mind was how get out of here ASAP.
I was about to try to break free from his grip when a nurse came in.

"Oh look at this! She woke up! Finally! How wonderful! Tell me darling, how are you feeling?" She asked cheerfully as she made her way towards us and Damon let go of me immediately. He stood up straight allowing me to see his tall figure.

I looked with fear around the room and forced myself to sit still as I panicked inside.
Oh my god, Natalie! Calm down!
What is wrong with you? He wouldn't hurt you... right?

The nurse saw my condition and immediately turned to Damon with concern.
Damon looked confused back at her.

"It's alright, sir. It's perfectly normal for the patient to feel panicked and disoriented after a few days in coma. She'll feel better soon, Mr. Queen."

The nurse said with a reassuring smile.
I listened carefully and my eyes started to water with worry and panic.
They both turned to me and the nurse tilted her head.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You're fine. You're going to be alright-" she slowly sat at the edge of my bed. "-I'm Miss Goodwin, I've been taking care of you for the past 4 days. You've been shot and in a critical condition. Mr. Queen payed for a special doctor to take care of you since we weren't sure you were going to survive the shot. But don't worry, you are perfectly fine now, love. Tell me, how much do you remember from the night of the incident?" She asked very clearly and friendly, making me relax to the sound of her sweet voice.