1.1

" The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you will see"

Winston Churchill

➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴

1.1 ; EXTREME AGGRESSOR.

THE MOMENT THE SUV stopped, the team began to pile out of the sleek, bulletproof van and headed towards the large white jet waiting for them on the wet pavement. Caroline carefully stepped out, hiking her slacks above her ankles carefully so they didn't touch the dirty puddles from the rain that came in earlier this morning. Her heels clicked on the pavement loudly as she followed Morgan and Gideon with Reid on her heels towards the jet.

She was vaguely aware of Hotch hanging behind them, discussing something in deep thought with one of their superiors, but she tried her best not to eavesdrop. She knew that Hotch hated it when she did that.

"Caroline, wait!" She heard Reid say from behind her. Her nerves raced but she slowed her pace down slightly, shortening her strides so he could catch up to her.

She knew that this had been coming. They had to talk about what happened six months ago sometime, and the longer they put it off, the more awkward it gets. She just had to get it over with, like ripping off a bandaid.

She glanced beside her as she saw Reid glide up beside her, matching her pace in order to keep up with her. He was carrying a large silver case, undoubtedly a forensic kit of some sort. He had always been into chemistry, so that sort of thing wasn't odd for him.

"Hey, Reid, I know we haven't gotten a chance to talk yet, but—"

"I think Hotch wants to replace Gideon."

Caroline blinked a couple of times, trying to comprehend what he just said. "Excuse me?"

"Hotch. I heard him talking to one of the FBI coordinators. They were talking about Hotch giving an assessment of Gideon in case he can't profile in the field and—"

"Reid, are you sure that's what you heard?" She asked him skeptically as they boarded the plane. "You could've taken it out of context. Hotch would never try and replace Gideon."

"Care, I have an eidetic memory. Of course I'm sure." He told her, frowning.

The two settled down beside each other on the jet with Caroline draping her coat over on one of the arms of the seats while Reid settled in next to her, setting down his silver case while grabbing files to lay on the table in front of them.