Hagne

They stood in the corridor, waiting for the outer doors to slide shut before they risked opening the door to the landing site.

Lance held back, the memory of almost being sucked into space remaining fresh in his mind. However, when he saw the  figure of a young woman in a deep violet cloak trimmed with gold, he had almost forgotten his fears entirely.

Coran held his hand out to her but she waved him off and stepped out of the escape pod on her own, holding her cloak away from her feet as she did so. She stopped and smoothed down her cloak before turning to the others. Her fingers hovered over the edge of her hood before pushing it back, allowing silver hair to fall over her shoulders in glistening ringlets. Her face was tan and slender with faint lines tracing from just below her eye to her chin on either side. It was her eyes, however, that Lance couldn't ignore. The woman's eyes were bright blue with a hint of gold rimming the pupil. Lance simply couldn't tear his gaze away from those enchanting eyes.

"Thank you for taking in a poor fugitive  like me," she said in a melodic tone. "I thought I would be forced to wander through space for the rest of eternity."

"Well, you're safe now." Shiro said with an encouraging smile.

The newcomer returned the smile. "I'm delighted." She said without changing her tone.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but ask." Allura piped up. "You look like you could have Altean ancestry. You wouldn't by chance..."

"... Be Altean?" The woman finished with a growing smile. "But of course."

Allura bounced with glee. "Imagine that, Coran!" Allura turned to him and shook his arm with excitement. "Another Altean just like us! Maybe we aren't the only ones after all!"

"Do you have a name that we can use to refer to you?" Lance asked. He wanted to know more about her. He wanted to know everything about the woman with those enchanting eyes.

"I'm Hag--Hagne," the newcomer hastily corrected.

Keith raised an eyebrow but said nothing. Instead, he leaned his back against the wall with his arms crossed while he observed the others' interactions.

Allura spun around to face Hagne. "I haven't met any other Alteans outside of Coran and me for such a long time. We have so much to talk about!"

"Don't be too eager, Princess." Coran cautioned. "Hagne must be tired from her long trip after the escape."

"Oh, it's no trouble at all," she responded. "I would be delighted to speak with all of you. I always thought Voltron was a myth. But here you are." She smiled.

Lance shot her a cheeky grin. Keith, noticing this, rolled his eyes and looked away. "Yep! It's a living legend that kinda lives up to the legend." Lance responded with a cocky grin. "If you want, I could take you for a ride in my lion sometime."

"That sounds excellent."

Keith straightened up and began to shuffle away.

"Will the Red Paladin be coming too?" Hagne asked. Keith paused.

"The Red Lion is currently under repairs," Shiro explained.

"Oh? What happened?"

"Zarkon happened," Keith responded darkly. "I'm going to the hangar. It was nice meeting you, Hagne." He said bluntly before turning on his heel.

She nodded once, watching him leave . "Likewise."