Chapter 25: Fear of Falling Apart

Song: This is Gospel, by Panic At The Disco; piano version

Finn's POV

I wound the thick gauze around my split knuckles, hissing in pain as Clause just shook his head at me from the infirmary door.

"I know you're mad, but I'm sure that tree didn't deserve to be punched so much." he said, a cocky grin plastered on his face.

A snarl ripped from my throat before I could try to contain it, my feet forcing me up and over to the smiling man. I was at my limit with the man's continually positive attitude in such a shitty situation. He was driving me insane.

"Fuck. Off." I spat, glaring harshly at his smirking face. "How the hell would you feel if you lost Drake for this long? I feel like I'm being torn apart from the inside out."

Clause rolled his eyes, only fueling my anger, and turned around in dismissal. I scoffed and shifted around as well, facing the cold metal beds that lined each wall. There was hate pumping through my veins like thick poison. It was the only thing that seemed to keep me going those days.

"Right." my hands ached. "I forgot that you two are only fuck buddies." I muttered under my breath, the air running cold the instant the words came from my mouth.

Before I could think about my actions and react, his hand shot out and grabbed me by the throat. I was pinned up against the brick wall, trying to force his hands off of me. His wolf was very alert, growling loudly at me and lifting me up so my feet were off the ground. I felt myself curl up at the sounds he made, power radiating off of him as he held me with anger.

"Watch what you say to me pup." he spat, tightening the hand around my air passage. "Don't forget your place. I've been Alpha longer than you and you have no right talking about my Luna like that." I gasped, clawing at his thick fingers for breath. "I'm trying to help you, there's no need for you to start turning against me." he let go of me, no longer emanating anger. "We're both on the same team."

I coughed, sucking in tight breaths and holding my chest. I reminded myself not to piss him off anytime soon, or Drake for that matter.

He ended the conversation quickly after that, no longer patting my back and trying to shoot smiles of encouragement at me. Somehow it was worse than his previous attitude.

"We're searching in town today. Dean and some of his men will take the lead to scout out the place, try and sniff out some hunters or rogues." I rubbed at the raw skin on my neck. "You're going with them. Go clean yourself up. You look like shit."

There was no doubt in my mind that I looked like a giant mess. I hadn't bothered to bring a spare change of clothes from the pack, so I was stuck wearing Clauses huge shirts that were all too loose to be comfortable.

"Asshole." I spat, making sure he was out of earshot to hear me.

Drake greeted me in the hallway, offering a sincere smile as I brushed it off and walked in the other direction.