Sandor Clegane X Stark!Reader- My Way

A/N- Hey, sorry that Sandor isn't too significantly featured in the whole story but hope you enjoy it any way. This story is based on the song My Way by Frank Sinatra.

The damp dungeon around you was less than welcoming. You would know, you'd been in it for what seemed like weeks. The new King had put you there soon after your Father's execution, and as you stood before him you uttered the words that were to get you killed. "I will not kneel for a bastard, especially not one with no claim to the throne." You had taken the King's slap without flinching, allowing a smirk to come to your face as blood seeped from your spilt lip. You hadn't expected the sentence to be so severe, not so soon after they had killed your Father. But they had quickly pulled you from before the King and hidden you away in the dungeons.

It was safe to say that Sandor was angry. Angry with you for not holding your tongue. Angry at the King for hitting you. Angry at the boy's mother for ordering your imprisonment. But despite all of his anger there was nothing he could do without getting himself killed.

Sandor would visit everyday, at least that was what you assumed; it was hard to work out how the days worked when you couldn't see the sun to judge for yourself. He would hold your hand through the bars and you would tell him that you were surviving, you had been through worse. He didn't believe you; what could be worse than this? You were to die at the hands of your enemy in front of those who thought you a traitor, those who had cheered when your Father had been killed. But you were yet to let it destroy you, yet to crumble under the pressure of their attacks.

"(Y/N)?" you heard Sandor's voice break the silence of the cell, calling you to the front where he leant against the bars. He didn't speak again until you came into his view. "The King has ordered for you to be executed today," he uttered, his brow furrowed as he watched you give a small smile. He could see the fear hidden behind your upturned lips, the way your eyes didn't express the same happiness that the rest of your face did. "You could still plead for his forgiveness," he added softly. Sandor was not one to beg, and he would never dream of telling you what to do, but he hoped you would give in.

"I will not kneel to him. I would rather die that serve that little cunt," you told him softly, reaching through to run your fingers over Sandor's scarred skin, allowing them to trace every detail, memorising him in any way you could. It was only then that you allowed the sadness to seep onto your face, as you stared into his eyes. "You have to leave King's Landing. Promise me you'll go," you begged, your hand still resting against his face lightly.

"I'm not leaving until every Lannister is dead," he growled, his hand coming to cover your own as he watched your face fall.

"I will not see you die for me, Sandor," you hissed back, yanking your hand away as he let out a deep sigh.

"The only thing I regret is not forcing you to leave with me when they arrested your Father," he told you, resting his head against the bars that kept you apart. "If I had the choice to do it all again I would have made you get on that horse with me and never look back but we are too far gone, and if they kill you I will not be able to help myself," he told you. The room fell silent again as you stared at him, just out of his reach. "Please don't leave it like this, we will likely both be dead in a fortnight," he told you gruffly, reaching a hand through to you, just grazing the skirt of your dress.

You allowed his hand to wrap around your's and pull you towards him before you finally spoke again. "I had to do this, you understand that?" you asked him in a whisper, answered only with a small nod and a hum of agreement. "I'm sorry," you added quietly, tears springing to your eyes as he awkwardly wrapped you in his arms, as tightly as he could through the cell's metal bars.