This is the difference between New and Old K-Pop

Cr. Koreaboo

K-Pop has undeniably changed over the years, and the style of music that was once the norm has seemingly been replaced by a new and much fresher style.

As the years have gone on, the K-Pop industry has changed, and one of the biggest ways that K-Pop that has changed is in the style of music and the music videos. While the signature style that is typically found in K-Pop music videos and songs is still present, K-Pop has definitely transformed into a new and much more fresh style of music.

Here's a look at how some of K-Pop's biggest names exemplify the journey between the old style and the contemporary style of K-Pop:

~

SHINee

SHINee definitely had the signature K-Pop sound that everyone knows and loves.

  Their style, however, evolved with the rest of K-Pop and is now much more vibrant and poppy. 

~

BIGBANG

BIGBANG has been around for so many years that they definitely are a perfect example of how K-Pop has changed.

  In just 5 years, BIGBANG's sound has changed so much. 

~

Girls' Generation

Girls' Generation may still be the same girly group that they were when they debuted, but their sound has evolved and is much closer to western pop now.

~

TVXQ

TVXQ are undeniably a group that crafted the sound of K-Pop, so their sound will never get old no matter how many years have passed.

~

SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN's vibrant and youthful sound is proof that the times have changed.

~

NCT

NCT's sound is strangely eerie yet very cool.

~BTS

The internationally popular dancehall music genre was not very common in the K-Pop music industry; however, BTS have definitely made it very popular.

~

BLACKPINK

Girl groups used to have sweet and girly images, but BLACKPINK proves that girl groups can rock any concept and that includes a fierce one.

~

  In the end, it seems that K-Pop's signature sound has evolved from its roots in the sounds of 90s pop culture to embrace a wider array of influences that make it the K-Pop we all know and love today. 

ISAMA NIYO DIN YUNG EXO!

NAKO KA KOREABOO HA!