E L E V E N

Kassi

Today has been the weirdest first day of school in my whole entire life.

And I've had a lot of first day's of school in my life.

First it started with that Greek God saving me from some serious back problems, Then I ran away from that same Greek God like a chicken with its head cut off, and Now, when I walked into my English class, the Greek God hottie and his posse of beautiful people are staring at me like I was an Alien with two heads.

I silently watched as they murmured among themselves.

I saw a blonde guy whisper in a pretty Dark haired girl's ear before she giggled. The Greek God Hottie was talking with a guy with reddish brown hair while a girl with a long blonde bob was filing her nails.

Can this group get anymore gorgeous?

I mean, yeah at my old school there was bound to be a handful of beautiful people but there was never this many in one school before.

Suddenly, My savior looked at me and so did the rest of his group.

I blushed and turned my attention to my notebook.

I heard a chair scrape against the floor and then there was a shadow blocking my light. When I looked up, I saw the pretty dark haired girl standing in front of me, giving me a warm smile.

She was even more beautiful than I thought.

Her jet black hair was long with natural waves, her eyes were a warm greenish hazel, she was tall. Way taller than me. She had the same uniform as I did but some how, she made me feel frumpy.

"Hi" she greeted, taking a seat next to me.

I nervously looked at the gorgeous group she came from and saw that they were all watching her, the blonde guy she was giggling with earlier was especially watchful of her.

"Hello" I said quietly

"My name's Mia. What's yours?"

"Kassi" I smiled gently at her. She made me feel welcomed and less nervous about my first day of school.

"Pretty name" she said "Is it short for anything?"

I grimaced "Yeah"

She waited for me to say more but I keep my lips closed tightly. There was no way I was telling her my full name.

Been there, done that. And guess what, the last time I told someone my full name, I was humiliated until Mom moved us to a new town.

"Well" she gave me another friendly smile and changed the subject "I hope you like reading novels because that's all Mr. Street gives us. FYI, I suggest that you read because he gives us questions that we can't use spark notes"

She laughed, a light twinkly sound. I couldn't help but join her.

"Mia..." a deep voice asked quietly "Class is about to start"

I looked up to see the blonde guy standing in front of us, his was at least 6'3 ft tall with a lean, muscular body, and the pretty ice blue eyes.

Mia gave him a look "So..."

"Your seat is over there" he pointed to her previous seat, the one she was sitting with him before.