Chapter Three

Aaron flipped his body and was next to her in second. He immediately checked her pulse; it was a bit high but otherwise normal.

Aaron lifted her off the pavement and slid her in the passenger seat of his car. Aaron checked her pockets for an ID for an address but found only a car keys to a Mercedes, couple of twenties and a dead Iphone. Aaron looked at her and sneered.

“Must be some drunken dumb model.” He thought disgusted. After Olivia, models were forever tainted in his mind. Everything about this woman screamed money, right from her black and white pinstriped shirt dress to the denim jacket down to her expensive Guess watch and lingering scent.

She was nearly 5ft 8 inches, with her wavy auburn hair but Aaron just couldn’t toss her on the street. He buckled her in and drove back to Dante’s place.

When he pulled into their long circular driveway both Dante and Rose were sitting on the front lawn.

Dante got up and walked up to his car as Aaron climbed out.

“Good you are home. I was about to send a search party to every club in Manhattan to haul your drunk ass home.”

Aaron flipped him off  as he walked towards the passenger seat.

“And you are sober—“ Dante immediately closed his mouth when he saw Aaron carry out a woman from the passenger seat.

“Isn’t it a bit early to go around picking up women?” Dante asked as he looked at the woman in Aaron’s arm. Rose waddled up next to both the men.

“Aaron seriously?” Rose asked.

Aaron sighed and walked towards the house with Dante and Rose following them still throwing questions at him.

He went to the guestroom and gently put her on his bed. He had to admit that she was a beauty.

“But aren’t all models?” A voice in his head sneered and Aaron grimaced.
He closed the guestroom door behind him and almost collided with Dante.

“Start talking dude”

They went to the dining room where Rose heated up leftover dinner for him.

Aaron told them the entire story.

“She knocked you down?” Dante laughed out loud.

“Piss off man” Aaron said as he thanked Rose for the dinner.

“You can sleep in the guestroom next to our room” Rose said.

“I am going to find a place soon and get out of your hair” Aaron muttered.

“Don’t say that. You are family Aaron.” Rose said.

While Aaron ate, Dante and Rose went to the adjoining living room and sat down. Aaron tried to tune out their conversation about baby’s nursery and how the baby was moving all the time and kicking. He tried to drown out their laughter. He was more than happy for them. They were his family, only family and that child was his godson but it all brought pain and sheared his already bleeding heart.

Would he and Olivia been this ecstatic? Planning nurseries and deciding baby names? Aaron was never the one who had children on his immediate future plans but he knew that he would eventually want to settle down and have a family, something he never had growing up, maybe in his late thirties but Olivia’s pregnancy came as a surprise to him, a wonderful surprise and he realized he was ready to be a father. Only his realization was cut short but his fiancée aborting his child.

Aaron pushed the plate away, his appetite lost. His mind craved alcohol to numb the ache that started up with full intensity in his heart. He missed Olivia and he hated that. He hated the fact that his heart still craved for that vile woman.