Chapter 30 - Morning craving

Sophia's P.O.V.

I woke up to a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Shhh, my baby."

I placed my hand on my belly and rubbed my belly. I began to inhale and exhale deeply. A little later, the pain passed. I went to the bathroom carefully without waking up Xander. I took a shower.

When I came out of the bedroom, Xander was still sleeping. I put on my clothes. I went downstairs without wearing my shoes.

Xander's P.O.V.

When I woke up, Sophia was not in the bed. I got up and took a shower. I put on my clothes. Her shoes were in front of the couch on the floor and I smiled. She couldn't put on her shoes alone. I picked up her shoes and went downstairs. I placed the shoes on the ground in the living room. I asked the housekeeper where Sophia was. She said that she was in the kitchen.

When I walked into the kitchen Sophia was sitting on the bar stool, eating a watermelon

When I walked into the kitchen Sophia was sitting on the bar stool, eating a watermelon. She didn't notice me. She was too focused on the watermelon. She put a piece of watermelon into her mouth and closed her eyes. I smiled.

"Good morning, my always hungry wife

"Good morning, my always hungry wife." I placed my hand on her belly, wrapping my arms around her from behind. I kissed her shoulder.

"I'm not always hungry, our son is."

"My son, is your mother blaming you?"

"Okay Xander, I won't eat anymore." She frowned and pushed the watermelon away.

"I'm just joking. Don't take an umbrage. Of course, you will eat. You are pregnant." I kissed her cheek. She continued eating again. Then, we went to the living room.

"Come on, I'm going to help you put on your shoes." I helped her sit on the couch, holding her hand. I got down on one knee.

"Thank you."

"Anything for you and our baby." I kissed her belly. "Let's have breakfast if there is any place in your stomach after the watermelon," I said grinning.

"We can make a little room, can't we, my son?" she said while she rubbed her stomach.

The pregnancy was suiting her. She looked sweeter, more beautiful. She was glowing. We sat down and had breakfast. She placed her hand on her belly. Her face expression changed. She pressed her lips together.

"Are you okay? Do you have any pain?" I asked and she nodded. I stood up quickly and went to her side. I leaned over and placed my hand on her stomach. She was breathing deeply.

"It happened early in the morning too and then it passed."

"When? Why didn't you wake me up?" I started to question her.

"It had passed, that's why."

"Tell me when it happens again, even if it passes. You know the birth is close."

"Okay."

A little later, her pain passed. After breakfast, I helped her sit on the couch. I called the doctor. The doctor said it was normal in the last few days of the pregnancy. But she said that we should pay attention to the interval between the pains. I knew that, too. I had been reading a lot of books about pregnancy and baby care since the first time I found out she was pregnant.

"Are you better, my dear?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Don't worry. Go to the company."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, darling. I'm not alone at home anyway."

"Okay darling, I have a couple of urgent paperwork I need to handle. I will handle them quickly and come back."

"Ok." I kissed her lips. Then I kissed her stomach and rubbed her stomach. "My son be quiet, okay?"

"Okay, he will be quiet for his father," she said, rubbing her stomach. I left the house and went to the company.

Sophia's P.O.V.

I decided to watch T.V. after Xander left. Suddenly, my son kicked my stomach. Today he was moving so much. I rubbed my belly.

Xander's P.O.V.

I went to the company. I was thinking about Sophia. I was worried. I grabbed my phone and called her.

"Hello, darling."

"Hello, beautiful."

"How are you? Did you feel any pain again?" I asked her.

"We're fine. No, but our son is moving a lot today."

"Okay, let me know if something happens. I have a few things to deal with. I'll go home in an hour. "

"Ok, darling. We send you a kiss."

"Me, too."

I hung up the phone and continued working. I told Amelia to cancel all my meetings tomorrow because I wouldn't be able to come in tomorrow.

Sophia was in the living room when I arrived home. I walked in and sat down next to her. I kissed her lips. I placed my hand on her belly and rubbed it.

"How are you?"

"We are fine, don't worry."

Sophia's P.O.V.

When I woke up this morning, Xander was watching me. His hand was resting on my stomach.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, my angel."

He kissed my lips. He got up and went to the bathroom. I got up and put on my clothes. I was looking at myself in the mirror. Xander walked into the bedroom. He smiled and approached me. He hugged me from behind. He leaned his cheek against my cheek, placing his hands on my stomach.

"I love you both."

"We love you too."

I turned around and gave him a kiss on the lips. He helped me put on my shoes again. He put on his clothes. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach when we wanted to go downstairs; it was worse than yesterday.

"Ahhh!" I placed my hand on my belly. He wrapped his arm around my waist and held my hand. "Xander, it's hurting so much."

"Okay, I'm with you."

He helped me lay on the bed. A little later, it passed. Xander was sitting beside me, rubbing my stomach. He was holding my hand. A little later, we went to have breakfast. I felt pain again a few times. Xander was not leaving my side all day. I leaned against him, sitting on the couch. I went to the bathroom. Suddenly, I felt a pain in my stomach when I came back into the living room.

"XANDER!" I screamed. Xander ran towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt the water that was dripping down from my legs. "My water just broke."