chapter 11

Bianca turns back in her seat and taps on my desk, drawing my attention at her.
"I am throwing a party and you and your friend Sara as always are invited" she says.
"My brother is in another state so you don't have to invite me" I state and go back to doodling.

She flicks her hair back and taps her nails on my desk. I give her an irritated look. "Look if you don't wanna come, don't come, I was just being nice and not because I had hots for your brother but because you helped me in that English assignment last time. Anyway if you change your mind...the party is at Rolling Hills".

"Wait your producer uncle's house?" I inquire.
"Yep! Its gonna be pretty sweet so change your mind" she sings and turns back around.
I smile to myself the idea of a party really sounds good right about now.

––– • –––

Sara links her hand through mine and we make our entry inside the huge mansion. The music is really loud and I can feel the base pumping in my chest like an echo through my heartbeat. 

"I am gonna get drunk want something?" Sara shouts so that I can hear her, even though she is standing next to me.
I shake my head no and she heads in search of alcohol while I make my way through the crowd and go out towards the big swimming pool where most of the people seem to be hanging. I pass the DJ and I find a cozy spot near the left side of the pool overlooking the beautiful city at night and settle in. I whip out my phone and take few pictures of the view. Some of my classmates see this and come over for selfies.

After they are gone James comes over and sits on the seat across from me. I immediately start shaking my head. He gives he a puppy dog look but I can see how drunk he is. So I get up and leave before he does something we both regret. I really don't want to repeat the events from my last party.

The living room is filled with people cheering and shouting at someone. That someone being my beat friend Sara who is dancing at the top of a table. More come pouring in the room following the loud noise of people.

"What is she doing?" A deep voice asks from besides me. Leo comes and stands next to me wearing a blue shirt instead of his usual black on black leather look. And as much as I hate his guts I had to admit he looked really good.

"What does it look like? She is dancing on the table" I yell back.

"She has some killer moves" he comments and I fill a shiver run down me. He didn't even have to raise his voice to be audible. I could hear him crystal clear.

Sara start throwing some dirty dancing moves and I know its only gonna get worst from here. I yell her name but it is muffled by the shouts. She than tries to jump and hits her head on the huge chandelier above.

Oh boy!

She winces and is almost about to fall of the table. I try to grab her but Leo beats me to it. He lifts her off the table and caries her in his arms.
"You are a wild one, aren't you?" He smiles down at her.
Sara touches his cheeks and lightly punches him, "you are tough... I like that" she halfheartedly punches him again. He laughs and shakes his head and I feel really weird seeing both of them like this.

"She is totally wasted I should get her home, will you help carry her to the car" I plead and he nods his head.

We are almost near my car when I feel an ice cold breeze hit me. And I find myself standing still unable to move. I see Leo's back tense up. For a minute we both stand still and then he moves towards me in lightning speed.

"You need to go home" he says in a clam deep voice, raising the hair on my neck. I am about to complain the fact that I was planning on going home but he cuts me off and says something I never wanted to hear but deep down I was anticipating.

"Go home find Arakh and tell him They are here, I will drop Sara home" he ordered and pushed me towards the car, "now go!".

I feel like someone just dumped a bucket full of ice on me and then made me parade on the burning coals. My ears start ringing and I am panting like I had run miles.

I see Leo get in his own car which is a black Maclaren, which is also totally out of point right now and speed past me. I turn on the key with shaking hands, take a deep breath to calm my nerves and put the car in gear. As I speed away to home I see, through my rear view mirror, two figures standing on the road with black smoke around them.   

•••

I run downstairs to the basement. Arakh sees me and puts the laptop aside, standing up on his feet he hold me by the arms. His eyes searching mine. "What is wrong"
"I..I well I was in the party and then Sara was dancing and Leo was wearing a shirt....he really looks better in jacket... And.." I start ranting.

"Rose..breath and tell me what happened slowly." He rubs my arms, soothing me.

I take a deep breath and speak clearly this time.
"Leo told me to tell you that they are here...and I saw two figures in shadows...and I don't know how he knows but...I don't.. I don't know what is going on...Arakh..what is going on?" I look him in the eyes but he turns away from me.

I want to scream my throat raw as I start to see flashes of all the bizarre events that has happened over few weeks, Arakh falling, the car accident it all pass before my eyes which makes me feel like I am suffocating.

Seeing Arakh's mortified look doesn't help me clam either. I sit down and hold my head trying to even out my breaths. The reality of all things that I have somehow tried to ignore for so long finally hits me like a bullet train.

The fact that there is a supernatural being standing near me downs on me. An actual freaking angle. One who is supposed to be fictional is real all flesh and blood and feathers and I brought him home. Without thinking of the repercussions of my actions. Without thinking anything through and all because it was too pretty and tempting to leave behind.

Now something really bad is gonna happen and I know this in my gut and there is nothing I can do because I brought this on myself. I feel Arakh's hand on my shoulder puling me towards him and I let him. Because I feel too weak to help myself. I did what I did and now I will have to deal with it.

I get a text message alert so I dig out my phone and see it's from an unknown number.

Sara is safe and sleeping in her bed.
Meet me tomorrow at the address that I am sending.
Bring Arakhiel.

________________________________________________________________________

He knows! He knows!
What do you think is gonna happen next?
Who is Leo?
Anything else that you liked in the chapter?
Let me know!

Also....
If you don't love Ice cream than please vote
But...
If you love Ice Cream than you should definitely vote★

~ N ~