8

H COMPANY

Lucy fixed her black pleated skirt as she got off her yellow lamborghini and entered the giant glass doors of the company. The workers greeted her as she made her way to the top floor, to her father's office.

Mr. Heartfilia now sat on his office chair as he and the two other men waited for the blonde. The telephone on his left rang. It was his secretary, informing him that his daughter had arrived and was on her way to the office.

As if on cue, a blonde woman did enter.

Heading directly towards her father's desk, she did not notice the two other presence as she walked passed them. Usually, when her father called for her, he was always on break. So she thought there was only the two of them, minus the two young men who watched her as she greeted her father with a hug and a bright smile on her face.

As Natsu looked, he battled internally with himself: how was he going to tell her about the Mafia?.. Nothing remains a secret forever.

"Hello daddy! Miss me already?," she said cheerfully.

"My little angel, how was work?," Jude answered, giving her a loving smile in return.

"The same as always, dad. So, why call me here so urgently? Is something wrong?," she asked.

"Well, I have a very serious matter to discuss with you. It concerns your future, Lucy."

She could tell he was serious, but his eyes were gentle all the while.

"My future? We're not talking about marriage now are we?," she giggled.

Lucy knew her father always turned down marriage proposals concerning her. So whatever this discussion was, it wouldn't be about marriage, right?

Noticing that her father didn't laugh at her joke, she felt a wave of nervousness wash down on her.

Did her father finally approve into marrying her off to someone? If he did, then who?

Wait, her father wouldn't do this, right?

"I believe you two have already met," Jude said as he faced the person sitting on the couch, urging her to follow his gaze. And she did.

Instantly, her eyes widened upon seeing the face of the very familiar man.

Natsu.

The one who proposed to her.

The one she fell inlove with. And now, he did what any of her other suitors had done, asked her hand in marriage through her father.

"This is Natsu. But I suppose you already know that? And this is Zeref, his older brother. Lucy dear, you are to marry him," he said, pointing his hand to the salmon-pink haired.

Before any more word came out from her father, Lucy's eyes started to water.

Then she hurriedly stomped towards the door.

She could hear her father telling her to stop but her body refused to listen. From her peripheral vision, she noticed Natsu get up and follow her from behind. She abruptly turned around to face him.

Her face flooded with tears now.

"How could you do this?! I...I hate you!," she shouted and swang the door open then left.

Natsu cursed and ran after her.

Did she really hate him that much?

With Natsu and Lucy gone, only two men were left. Both of them stared at the glass door.