XXXI

‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

Cassidy's pov-

It's been a week but I am happy. I don't hide the chain around my neck which had my engagement ring anymore nor do I act like I am strong.

When I left Dexton's mom and dad were very sad, but they understood. I have not been talking to anyone from Dexton's family.

I need space.

Anna has adjusted back to our lifestyle, she has gone to visit Dexton once, grand ma came and took her. Anna was a little sad when she came back because according her Dexton was very busy and did not play with her much.

I had resigned from The Andersons Company. I am also working from Home now for a small company which provides shipment.

The salary is enough a little less than before but enough.

And today, today was the day I dreaded.

Its Cara's wedding today, and I have to go as Anna is the flower girl. Cara asked me to be the bridesmaid but I denied, there was going to be media and if they saw me, that would be a whole new story.

Dexton would be there to, but I don't want to face nor do I want to break my promise. This week I came to realize that my world now starts and ends at Anna, if she decides to leave me in the future I would break.

I am scared that Anna would leave me like everyone else, but she is my daughter, I will try and give the world to her.

She deserves it, after all she is my princess.

"Momma see my dress, I look pretty!" Anna screamed and entered the room, I turned to her and truly she was looking wonderful.

"My princess was born Pretty!" I said as she giggled "no silly, my dress makes me look pretty." I smile and pick her up in my arms "hmmm, now let's go and get your hair done." I went and made Anna sit near the mirror and braided her.

After almost one hour me and Anna both of us were ready, I wore a simple off white dress which had sheer cut out on the top and ended a few inches below my knee.

Taking Anna's small hands in mine we entered the car sent to pick us up. Anna looked up at me and frowned "why do you look so nervous momma?" her question made shrug , what should have I told a four year old?

"Nothing princess."

The drive to the church was a forty five minute one.

The moment we stepped out of car the whole family came to us. Everyone was happy to see Anna; I hugged everyone and then went back to mom's side.

"Where is Cara?" I questioned as mom pointed to the room a little away from the church "Go and meet her, she has asked me to send you as soon as you arrive." I nodded and made my way to Cara's room when Anna tugged my dress "I want to meet Aunt Cara to!" Anna pouted "sure princess, come lets go" I said as both of us made our way to Cara's room.

I knocked the door twice and entered the room, there sat Cara in a beautiful mermaid style wedding dress.

Anna left my hand and ran to Cara hugging her leg "you look like a fairy Aunt Cara!" Cara laughed and wrapped her hand around Anna "you do to!" she said as the smile on Anna's face widened "really?" Anna questioned as Cara nodded and said "why don't you go to your Granma and ask for some flowers?"

Anna ran out of the room and Cara came to me but what surprised me was that her eyes were glossy, nervousness maybe?

"Hey, don't cry you don't want to ruin your makeup now, do you?" I tried to lift up her mood but it did not seem to work.