- WANT TO HEAR A BEAUTIFUL STORY?

One time there was a group of Ethiopian people that came to the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah to perform a small dance in honour of the Final Messenger Muhammad ﷺ.

A’isha the Mother of the believers, wanted to watch them perform, but because there was a crowd she couldn’t see over them. So she then put her palms on the shoulders of Muhammad ﷺ, stood on her toes and leaned a little until her face was touching the blessed face of Muhammad ﷺ.

She stood like this for a short while watching the performance, until Muhammad ﷺ asked A’isha if she was finished and wanted to leave. She replied “No”, as she was still watching.

A short while later passed and Muhammad ﷺ then asked her once again if she was done yet, to which she once again replied “No”.

A short while later passed again and Muhammad ﷺ asked her if she was done, to which she finally replied “Yes, we can go now”.

The beautiful thing here is not only in the story itself, but after the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ passed away and she narrated the Hadith…. she commented saying that she had no interest in watching the performance of the people….. rather she only wanted to stay longer as her cheek was touching the cheek of Muhammad ﷺ.

If that isn’t love then I don’t know what love is… SallahAllahu Alayhi Wa Salam. ♥♥♥♥

Authenticity:

Aisha (r.a) reported: It was the day of celebration and the Abyssinians were playing with shields and spears; either I asked the Prophet or he asked me whether I would like to watch. I said yes. Then the Prophet made me stand behind him while my cheek was touching his cheek and he was saying, “Carry on, O Banu Arfida,” until I became tired. The Prophet asked me, “Are you satisfied?” I said yes, so I left.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 15, Number 70]