Imagine #11 (Bullet pt 2)

AN: Sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long! I've just been super busy! Anyways I hope you enjoy this part <3

It had been a week since you were in the hospital. All you could think about was Carisi and if he was okay. The only information you knew was that he was still in critical condition. They fortunately removed the bullet from his chest successfully. It wasn't until later that you found out there was more than 1 bullet that hit him.

You felt like complete shit. All of this happened because of you.

"If only I didn't go." Is what you said to yourself almost everyday since it happened.

Your phone began to ring which made you snap out of the daze you were in.

You grabbed the phone and saw that Liv was calling. She said she'd let you know if anything came up with Carisi. You thought it was odd of Liv to call you. She would usually just send a text. This made you get even more worried. Overthinking was starting to get the best of you.

"Hey, is everything okay?" You asked when you answered the phone.

You could hear Liv sniffle a bit on the other end.

"Please tell me everything's alright." You said with tears starting to fill up your eyes.

"Everything's more than okay (Y/N). It's even better." Liv said.

You could tell from how her voice sounded that she was smiling.

"What do you mean?" You asked frantically.

"Carisi, he's awake. I'm on my way to see him now if you wanna join me."

You felt so relieved when you heard those words. All your worries finally went to rest.

"I'll meet you there." You said while you got ready as fast as you could.

---------------------30 Min Time Skip--------------------------------

You arrived at the hospital more nervous than ever.

When you got to Carisi's room, you saw that Liv wasn't there yet. You decided to go in anyways and see how he was feeling.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" You asked Carisi as you sat next to him.

He smiled instantly when he saw that it was you speaking to him and not a nurse.

"I'm okay for now. They have me on a lot of pain meds." He said.

You were trying hard not to burst into tears while talking to him. It hurt seeing your partner this weak. He wasn't himself.

"Look, I'm sorry about all of this." You said.

Sonny gave you a confused look.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"This is all my fault..if I wasn't there then you would be okay right now." You said as some tears fell down your face.

"(Y/N), this isn't your fault. I was protecting you. I made it my duty since we first started working together to keep you safe. I would die before I let anything happen to you."

You smiled a little but you still felt terrible.

"Why do you even care about me though? Yeah we're partners and all but I'm always somehow getting you into a mess. Whether it be getting in trouble with Liv or this. I always manage to screw things up."

Sonny grabbed your hand and held it tight.

"Because I love you." He said back.

You started to feel yourself blushing immensely.

"I was so scared you weren't gonna make it." You said as more tears fell down your face.

"I'm right here (Y/N). Stop thinking about what could've happened. Think about what did happen and that I'm here being able to look at your beautiful face and talk to you."

"I know, I know. I just blame myself for everything that happened."

"Don't. None of this was your fault. It was nobody's fault."

Sonny began to wipe your tears with his hand.

"Now come lay down next to me. I've missed you this whole week." He said while smiling.