twenty seven

"Here, you should eat something," Xavier said, as he tried to fed me. I turned my head the other way and kept my mouth clamped shut although I was so tempted to take a bite.

"Aren't you hungry," Xavier asked, but it was more of a statement as he ran his hand through his disheveled hair, which was already in a mess.

"Why are you so slow? If she doesn't want any food, then she doesn't get any!" A voice boomed from outside the room I was locked in, startling me. Xavier sighed and placed the food on the floor. "Sorry, just try to eat some," Xavier said sounding apologetic as he started to go.  "How am I supposed to eat when I'm all tied up like this?" I took a chance, hoping that Xavier would untie the ropes around my sore arms.

Xavier frowned for a moment before walking over to untie my hands. Yes! This is my chance to escape.

"If you're thinking of escaping, its best not to," Xavier advised, catching on to what I was intending to do. With that, he left and locked the door behind him. I quickly untied the ropes at my legs and tiptoed to the door and tried to turn on the knob and surprise surprise, it was locked. I groaned in frustration and looked around the room. Despite being untied, there's no way I could escape.

"Let me out!" I pounded on the door and heard the voice of Xavier's father on the other side of the door. "Why the f**k did you untie that brat?" He shouted at the top of his lungs. I looked through the small peep hole to see Xavier being slapped tightly on his cheek.

I winced as I saw how merciless his father was to him. "What a weakling," his father said in a despising tone and gave him a cold look which made me shudder. Is that his son we are talking about? How could he do this to his own son? 

I frowned as I saw Xavier looking at me through the peep hole with a pained look and felt guilty although he was the one who kidnapped me.

"Go and tie her up, don't make me knock her out again," his father warned mercilessly and walked off with a bottle of beer in his hand.

I felt conflicted and sank down on the floor as Xavier unlocked the door and walked in, locking it behind him.

I looked up at his expressionless face and saw a bruise forming on the cheek where his father had hit him. "I'm sorry," I muttered out as he helped me up and led me to the chair.

"I'm the one who is sorry, I know that this is all wrong, but I couldn't help but obey my father," he said in a low voice as he tied me up again.

Xavier picked up the food that he left on the floor and walked over to me, bending down to my height. "If you don't eat, you'll starve to death before you even get the chance to get out of here," he convinced and I looked up expectantly. "I'll be able to get out of here?" I asked, seeing a glimmer of hope. Xavier nodded, "the person my father wants to deal with is Ethan, not you. I'll try to get you out."

"But what about Ethan?" I frowned and Xavier kept quiet. "I don't know," he answered honestly. "You know this is wrong but you're still siding with your father? Although he treated you like that?" I asked, in disbelief. "He has been through a lot. He wasn't like that in the past," Xavier sighed, reminiscing the past. "What happened?" I asked and Xavier shrugged, "you'll know when Ethan comes. For now, will you at least have a bite?"

Seeing how insistent Xavier was, I took a bite of the rice that he fed me when I suddenly heard a familiar voice shouting my name. Ethan?