VIII

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

"Lily, can I say that you look ravishing today?"

"No, you can't."

"Even though I saved your life?"

"You're also the reason my life needed to be saved."

"But I did save it."

Sigh.

"Fine."

It was a week and three days since the first task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament and five days since Lily was released from the hospital wing.

They had wanted to keep an eye on all three people that were posioned, through their recovery as it wasn't a tame poison and they needed proper time to rest and heal. Lily fought every single second, of course. She claimed that she was fine and she just wanted to forget about the whole thing and move on.

I didn't see much of anything except the inside of that hospital wing in those five days. None of us could tear ourselves from her side, especially James. He joked about it but I know that it haunts him. I saw it. In that moment when she appeared infront of him.

Now, we were in the common room. Lily and I flicking through a magazine that my mother had sent in the post and Peter peeking over our shoulder. Remus was reading in the sofa opposite us and James and Sirius had just waltzed in.

"What are you guys looking at?" Sirius asked and I flashed him a demure smile.

"A magazine." I told him.

"What kind of magazine?" He pressed.

"A playboy magazine." I replied with a straight face.

Lily snorted and Peter danced away, his cheeks red.

"Well, in that case..." Sirius squished onto the two seater sofa despite Lily and I's squealing.

Once he was finally settled he took a good look at the magazine. He let out a doggish wine.

"Aw it's a bloody dress catalogue!"

Lily and I burst out laughing.

"Not just any dress catalogue!" I gasped theatrically.

"It's from Paris!" I sighed in his ear and he huffed and lauched himself off the sofa only to flop down beside James.

Now that the first task was complete, the whole school was abuzz with the next exciting thing and it just happened to be the thing that I had been dreaming about since I was eight years old.