9

She slowly opened her eyes, blinking several times. A tired groan escaped her mouth as she rolled on the other side of the bed. This bed felt different though, and its smell too.

Why was his scent filling her nose as she breathed in the soft blanket? More importantly, where was she and what happened last night?

Lucy's eyes shot open and she instantly sat down on the unfamiliar king-sized bed, causing a wave of headache coursing through her. She rubbed her temples as she looked around the large room. She wasn't sure how she got there, but she was sure this room was Natsu's.

It was different from hers, it was...manly.

Totally not a trace of femininity in sight. Everything was neat and the entire room only had three colors: black, gray, and red. Black flat screen tv, red carpet, thick gray curtains that hung on the huge glass window/wall...etc. You get the point.

She was alone.

She guessed the house was empty since the time read 10:30 AM. The black wallclock said so. Natsu was a business man like he told her, so he must have left for work already.

He was a grown man, 26 yrs old, so he couldn't be living with his parents anymore, right? So the house was probably empty already.

Lucy stood up, fixed her hair that possibly looked like a bird nest.

She closed the door of the room quietly when she got out. The halls were empty like she thought.

She started walking around, looking for the front door. She already got to the living room, kitchen, more doors that looked like they had bedrooms inside, more salas, a room with a coolpool table and etc. If the bedroom she woke up at was big, well, the entire house would then be humongous.

Finally, she found two giant dark brown doors.

She pushed them open and prepared herself to smell the fresh air from the outside and the greeting of the bright blue sky.

That was what she hoped to see.

But what greeted her eyes were a number of black tables and chairs, leather couches on different corners, and a bartending area at one side of the room...and the eyes of the people occupying them.

Lucy froze.

She was completely wrong.

There were people. Lots of them. It was like she just walked into the lions' den. Only they weren't lions, but people wearing suits. Some had loosened neckties, loosened buttons, cakes smeared on their face, coats removed and sprawled on the couch and many more. A man even had his entire upper off, oh he liked stripping. They all sat there, facing her.

She was intimidated by them. Who wouldn't? A bunch of men and women dressed like that staring back at her at the same time, nobody gets to see that everyday.

As if the woman on the counter noticed how uncomfortable the blonde felt, she broke the silence in the atmosphere.

"Hello, I'm Mirajane Strauss Dreyar. We are Natsu's friends, but we consider ourselves a family," the woman with white curly hair said as she gestured to the others, a sweet smile was on her beautiful face.

"And you must be Lucy Heartfilia," Mirajane added.
.

.

BLACK CAR HEADED TO DRAGNEEL COMPOUND

Natsu rubbed the side of his jaw as he sat on the backseat, sitting as majestic as always.

He and his brother just finished meeting the press. Interviews and statements for the paper weren't new to someone as well known as him. Be it a statement regarding their company or a statement for the people raising suspicion on the Dragneels.